🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 12

That evening, in the privacy of his luxury penthouse

That evening, in the privacy of his luxury penthouse. Hoseok sat, his face solemn. He was both enraged and disappointed. How could Noemie do this to him? He never imagined she was so vindictive in her efforts to go so far. That is sabotaging his business. Was it a ruse to get even with him?

He narrowed his eyes as he twirled his wine glass in his hand. Taking the last swig of wine, he jumped up and walked to his open window, gazing out at the nightscape of Seoul. His heart was torn in two. Thinking about her made his mouth taste bitter. He was mad as hell.

He hurls the glass against the pillar near the kitchen, his frustration palpable. He was indifferent about the million shards that had strewn across his laminated flooring. He winced, clutching his hair strands in his hands, thinking about how to deal with the betrayal of that moment.

 He winced, clutching his hair strands in his hands, thinking about how to deal with the betrayal of that moment

It doesn't help that he is illegally attracted to the arrogant French girl. He folded his arms as he returned to his white lush sofas and plopped down, between the soft, fluffy cushions, briefly closing his eyes to let himself settle down. He was struggling to breathe, and when he's like this, he doesn't want anyone entering his mental space, but Noèmie was adamant about occupying that space. He wanted to despise her, but he couldn't.

Her teary eyes looked up at him, begging him to believe her and the devastation in her eyes when he said the only thing he knew would hurt her tremendously...that he regretted sleeping with her. He knew he had crossed the line when he saw her expression change to one of deep hurt. He harmed her emotions to the point where she became saddened and cold.

Is there any reason for him to doubt his dependable employees? He desperately wanted to believe her, but there was evidence and witnesses, and she had joked about doing it. Why does he take the situation so personally? Oh my goodness! He spends four hours in bed with her. He would never physically love a girl in his presence for that long. He was too busy. She was the only girl in his life who had that advantage.

Not even with Jessica, his girlfriend of ten years. Jess was more methodical and time-conscious. never had time for extra cuddles and "rounds," but Noèmie...well, she was woman enough to match his passion. He could be both free and vulnerable. Not the strong, strict, and wealthy CEO of the most luxurious hotels in various countries. Noèmie made him laugh and also make him mad, but she also stimulated his intellect and her thoughtfulness, which is why he felt so safe and close to her.