Chapter 3🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻

You were annoyed when you returned to your aunt's place. Your back was throbbing. You were aware that Mr. Jung, the "imbecile," instructed his head of housekeeping to assign you tasks that would physically kill you. You cleaned and refreshed about twelve rooms, some of which were a disaster as if pigs had a bachelor party.

Wash countless windows; tomorrow, you'll do the same with the office windows. You and Hyerin must also assist with cleaning the kitchen and acting as busgirls. What the hell??? It's not like you ate and didn't pay for your food, and now you have to make up by washing dishes all day.

The things you discovered in the room want you to vomit your lungs, and don't get me started on the toilet. It seems that a science project was left in it. Yuck. Can people be so repulsive? Why would you come to a high-end hotel and behave like a pig? Wealthy people. The class cannot be bought with money. You either have it or you don't.

It was about 5 p.m. You discovered Ha-Ni sipping a cup of green tea in the kitchen. When you peek at her watery eyes, you furrow your brows. What happened?

"Ha- Ni? Ha-Ni, Quel est le problème ( what's the matter), sweetheart? " You place your tote bag on a chair and quietly walk over to where she is sipping her tea. She appears miserable, and you hope it isn't something serious. Your cousin is quite bashful, and anything might terrify her.

"I found out today that my ex is getting engaged." she sniffed a little.

"What! But you split up five months ago." She has a deadpan expression on her face as she looks at you.

"Yes...Noèmie.He ended our relationship because he cheated on me for a year with the girl who tormented and bullied me my entire school life. "Her eyes were wet with unshed tears. She felt utterly betrayed.

"The crétin sanglant (bloody moron)!!!" you scream in horror. You remember how devastated Ha-Ni was when her only boyfriend of nearly ten years dumped her five months ago. Ha-Ni and Chan had been sweethearts since high school. He liked her elder cousin because she was quiet, timid, and beautiful. But she couldn't defend herself. She was the type of person who accepted her fate. So when Mr. Bang Chan informed her he wanted to talk to her, he even took her out for a romantic dinner and the family expected him to pop the question and ask her to marry him instead, and he ended their relationship.