Chapter Twenty-Six

Josh's POV

I woke up to my head pounding and the room spinning. Whoa. What happened last night? I smirked to myself- the tiger strikes again! As per usual, I was making the ladies go crazy, I'm sure. Who was it tonight?

That's when it hit me- Adira. My wife. The girl I had hopelessly fallen for. Even though we had only been together for a short time, her and I were, as the school assumed, meant for each other. I had completely forgotten about the past few months together due to my drunken stupor.

So what the hell happened last night?

Blinking stupidly, I examined the room around me. Several other sleeping forms laid on the ground of a pure white room covered in trash. I saw a bucket in the corner- surely Blake's "drug bucket" he brought to every party. I had tried some of the stuff in it before, like LSD and shrooms, but it hadn't really been a great time. I wasn't one for drugs.

On the couch beside me laid Crystal, a little dribble of throw up on the corner of her mouth. Yuck. She was so disgusting and not just because of the throw up. What was I doing beside her?

I stood up, looking around for my keys and Adira. I hoped she was okay. I couldn't remember a thing that happened last night. Had I really let myself drink that much? I remember promising myself that I wouldn't drink that much so I could drive Adira home later. Walking around the spacious mansion, I saw the tacky décor on the walls- tribal masks, glittering sorority paddles, and big American flag mosaics- and made my way to Crystal's room. There, I saw her bright pink bed littered with condoms. Used condoms. On the floor laid a few dudes and one girl snuggled up to a man's bare chest. I didn't even want to know what happened in that room last night. My heart began to pound as hard as my head. Where was Adira? Was she okay?

I made my way back down into the living room and found my phone sitting on the coffee table that was littered with beer cans and used cigarettes. Man, I could use a cigarette right now. I picked it up and unlocked it, finding a video that wasn't there before. Clicking on it, I felt my heart plop into my stomach.

I freaking made out with Crystal. And Adira saw.

Adira's POV

I woke up tangled in big strong man arms. Snuggling closer, I breathed in the scent of Josh, but was rudely awakened by the smell of another guy. Turning over, I found Keon laying beside me, sleeping peacefully. His lips had a little smile on them as he slept and he looked so peaceful. At first my heart swelled at the sight of his cute little smile and fluttering lids, but then my heart ripped in half as I remembered the events of last night. Sighing, I hiked down Keon's Great Gatsby shirt and made my way out of the room, careful not to wake him. On my way out, I stepped on a crumbled piece of paper and picked it up. I unfolded it as I made my way downstairs. Sitting on the kitchen counter, I began to read the words Keon had obviously discarded:

Eyes like the moon

Heart like the sea

Pulling my heart

Making me breathe

Through all the pain

Through all the sorrow

Her smile makes me believe

In a better tomorrow

I smiled and folded the paper back up. Wow, he was an amazing writer. I wondered idly which girl he was writing about as I began to make some breakfast.

Right as I was adding some cheese to our eggs, Keon sleepily walked into the room rubbing his eyes. I looked up and saw his hair was wet and around his waist was only a towel. Holy smokes. His body. For such a shy guy, he sure was ripped. I nearly dropped my toast right out of my mouth when I saw his six pack and muscled arms. He turned a bright red, of course, at my staring and hid behind the door way.

"Sorry," he mumbled "Just wanted to see what you were making." And with that he scurried upstairs, leaving me flustered. Adira, snap out of it! You are married for butt's sake! Angrily chomping my toast, I cursed my fate while simultaneously feeling sad that Josh's smoking body wasn't here to distract me instead.

Keon returned wearing a red pair of basketball shorts and a black Nirvana shirt with no sleeves. I eyed his amazing arms and then went back to my toast. He sat down beside me with a little smile on his face.

"Thanks for making breakfast. It looks good. I haven't had a real meal since my parents passed. I'm not much of a cook," he explained, taking a bite of eggs. I smiled back.

"Sorry I didn't make any bacon. I'm vegetarian," I said, buttering another piece of toast. Boy, I was starving and eating way more than usual. Must have been because I was eating for two.

"Really? That's so cool! My mom was vegetarian," he said with a smile. His genuine smile made my heart do a 360, so much so that I had to blush and look down at my toast again. Gah! What was he doing to me?

Before I could reply, though, I felt my mouth taste like pennies. Oh no. Not here! Baby why? Without warning, I leapt from the table, running to the nearest bathroom to puke my guts out. I heaved into the toilet, feeling embarrassed-tears prick my eyes. Right as my stomach lurched again, I felt warm hands pull the hair way from my face. Keon. He was holding my hair back for me as a puked. I heaved again, feeling even more embarrassed now that he could see me. When I was done, Keon let go of my hair and took a step back as I sat up.

"Are you okay?" asked Keon worriedly. His eyebrows were furrowed and he stood there looking more concerned than grossed out. Wiping my mouth, I smirked.

"Yeah. I didn't mention this earlier, but I'm pregnant," I said. Having only been pregnant a few days, it was still weird to say. Keon bit his lip ring, making me feel things I shouldn't have felt. He needed to stop doing that!

"Yeah, I figured," said Keon. Suddenly, his face turned sheet white "Not that you're fat! Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to say that!" He covered his face with his hands to hide his blush. I chuckled. He was so cute.

"No it's fine! Really I-" before I could finish talking, I heard my phone ringing next door. Keon and I gave each other a weird look and I stood up to retrieve it. Cally knew I didn't want to wake until 3, and it wasn't even noon yet. Who else would call me right now?

I walked into the guest room where my phone was plugged in. Glancing down, I gasped when I saw the caller ID- Josh.

A/N- Three days in a row! Whoot whoot, updating streak! To answer some of your questions, yes I am engaged. I'm only nineteen, but we have been dating for five years. He's actually on here, but he's as shy as Keon, so he would die if I revealed his username. Sorry babes ;) So at the time of writing this I did not get 2000 votes, but it has only been a day and the last chapter got 1780 votes which is pretty freaking good. So I will reveal my top 3 boy names and if tomorrow I get 2000 votes on this chapter, I will reveal my top 3 girl names. Boys: 1. Kayden 2. Ryder and 3. Ashton. Which do you like best? Leave a comment!
A/N2-- edited the luke/Keon mistake. I based Keon off lukes looks if you can't tell and was writing super fast earlier. Sorry!