𝙻𝚎𝚝 𝙼𝚎 𝙴𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗

Desha hadn't seen or talked to James since the night he stormed out of the house, which was almost two days ago. She had been going crazy, worried sick about him and wanting to see him so that she could offer him a true and genuine apology. She had been calling his phone all day and wasn't getting an answer. She had called his cousin Antwoine to see if he had talked to him or knew where he was, but he had not seen or talked to him as well. She also knew that if she was to call his Father he would ask questions and that would put his Wife into the picture and she didn't want that to happen nor did she want or have to explain herself or the situation to his parents when it was between the two of them. The only options she had was to call his cousins, Bonnie or Bronwyn and ask for help reaching out.

Desha held Arya on her left hip while she held the phone to her ear with her right hand. The phone rings a few times before the phone is picked up on the other end.

"Hey Dee"

Desha heard Bronwyn's sweet voice

"Hey Bron, are you busy?"

"For you? No of course not, what's up?"

"Have you talked to James today? Or maybe yesterday?"

Bronwyn could hear the worryness and a hint of sadness in her friend's voice, which concerned her.

"Um sorry no, I haven't talked to James recently. Did something happen? Is everything alright?"

Desha sighs as she sits Arya in the ballpit inside of her playroom sitting beside her on the floor.

"No, nothings alright. We got into a small argument and he left, it's been almost two days and I haven't talked to him since"

And this really concerned Bronwyn. She had known Desha and James to have small arguments from time to time, but James had never left after one, let alone not answer his phone for her. This must have been big Bronwyn thought to herself.

"Wait..he left? He didn't say anything? Maybe where he was going or..?"

"No, and I called Antwoine thinking maybe that's where he would go, but he said he hadn't seen or talked to him"

Desha couldn't see, but Bronwyn rolled her eyes at the mention of the phone call with Antwoine.

"And Ant is lying, James was probably in the room when you called"

Bronwyn knew her cousins like the back of her hand, she grew up with them so of course she knew the bs they did how they always took up for one another. She made a mental note to call Antwoine after she tried getting in touch with James.

"Yeah I figured he was lying"

"I tell you what, I will call James phone and see if he answers and call you back"

"Thank you"

"Of course babe"

Arya starts whining and reaching for Desha to pick her up

"Sounds like AJ is about to throw a fit"

Bronwyn lets out a small chuckle

"Yeahhh, it's almost her naptime so she's getting fussy. I have to go and get her ready for bed"

"Ok I'll let you go, love you both!"

"We love you too"