Down in Flames ~29

Are we gonna talk about how we JUST HIT 17K READS?!? THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!! Please share this story so we can reach 20k, we're so closseeeeee and I'd greatly appreciate it, like you have no idea. Also, I traced that drawing digitally and this is what we got 🤡

Your POV

"Jade...please, Brianna is still down here." You pleaded, hoping she would show you mercy. "No. You're going down with this building." Jade said, not moving. She was wearing a rabbit gas mask, making her immune to the smoke. "Monty's down here too. If you don't let us go, we'll all die." You coughed, hoping this would change her mind. "This Monty?" Jade mocked as a figure appeared behind her. It was, in fact, Monty.

His eyes emitted that sickening purple, he was being controlled again. "Get rid of them." Jade said before walking towards the exit. Monty walked through the flames, approaching you slowly. You and Vanessa were pretty much trapped between fallen rubble and fire, and you still needed to retrieve Gregroy's sister.

"Monty please." You coughed, the mask only filtered out so much. He stopped. He continued walking toward you with choppy, stiff movements, almost like he was resisting. He stopped right in front of you completely, his claws reaching towards you while his eyes switched from purple to red repeatedly. You took this as your chance to make a run for Brianna's voice.

Vanessa got to the girl first. She picked up Brianna securely in her arms and came back over to you. She had a similar mask as you, and the filtration was getting worse by the second. You made a beeline for the exit, dodging through the hot flames.

You heard Vanessa yell something at you, but you didn't hear it before you were tackled to the floor. You saw Monty on top of you, his hands wrapped around your neck. He was strangling you. You tried speaking but your lungs and throat didn't have it in them. All you could do was helplessly tap on his hands as everything slowly turned black.

Monty's POV

There was no time to think before the bomb went off, I tried getting Y/n and Gregory's sister to the exit as best as I could. It still wasn't good enough. I ended up throwing them toward the exit, separated from them as I did so. I tried finding them through the fire, but my sensors were malfunctioning from the overheating and I couldn't see very well.

I made my way through the best I could without getting too hot. I saw movement and quickly ran to it. I saw that it was Y/n, and ran quicker. I felt a slight fuzzy sensation in my head, making me stop. I couldn't move and my vision became purple tinted.

Everything was a blur. I saw Jade talking to Y/n, her mouth was moving but no words reached my earshot.

I felt movement from my lower body before realizing I was walking against my own will. Walking towards you.

I try to stop myself from getting any closer to Y/n. I needed to protect her from myself at all costs.

I could only resist myself for so long until my legs started moving faster. Leaping.

Getting on top of her.

Strangling her.

Shit shit shit shit STOP. I told myself, trying to fight it. She began tapping my hand; useless, futile attempts to make me stop.

I tried to un-pry my hands from her throat. I could feel how tight I was holding her neck. She couldn't breathe. Her eyes slowly closed and her tapping slowed. I willed my hands open with all I had left.

I regained control again and scooped her into my arms. I looked around and didn't see anyone. They must've left. I ran out and bolted through the fire, Y/n was limp in my arms, not breathing. I hurriedly made my way through the staircase, dodging falling objects as I go. I reach the top and see the entrance sealed shut with rubble and fallen pieces of building.