a love letter to the present

I am here to write for the people who wanted to be mindful of the present. May your heart be at ease because you've been here with me in this journey as we go forth towards the ineffable wishes of the heart. Before anything else, I want to greet you a happy Valentine's Day. I think today is significant not only to those who are in love, but also to those who are happy by themselves, enjoying life.

In the present, there's so many things that I am grateful for. One of which is the fact that I can publish this book and express my feelings through poetry. In the past, I used to dream of writing my own book. But now in the present, I am lucky enough to have written more than 5 poetry books here in Wattpad. It's been an honor and a great privilege to continue this talent of mine, even if life sometimes gets in the way.

When I look back at the girl I used to be, I remember myself being fascinated with books, literature and writing. I believe that I would never be the person I am now if it were not for the books that shaped my love for poetry and writing. I remember that I started writing at the age of 7. I used to write scripts for school projects or tasks that required me to make a drama or a role play. That was the start of my writing journey. Moving on, I also loved reading books. It gave me a breather and it allowed me to understand myself and the world better. My love for language and literature continued as I reached high school. However, there were instances when I felt so detached from books and the girl I used to be.

I remember asking myself why I could not finish a single book when I used to be so fast at reading. Times changed. I had this love-hate relationship with books. But then when the pandemic came into existence, my love for books and writing slowly came back. I was able to read a lot of books and write poetry books during the times when the world was in chaos. I found comfort through the words of prolific writers that deeply moved me. I was truly inspired to bring love and light to people during the darkest times of the pandemic.

Now that the world is slowly recovering from the havoc that the pandemic brought us all, I want to take this time to be mindful of the present.

Dear self,
The present is yours to face. You have encountered so many hurdles, and there are still a lot that you will have to conquer. Look around you. The world is beautiful. The sky looks so bright. The sun is illuminating. The trees are growing. The flowers are blooming.
You are beautiful. Look at your eyes, they are the windows to your soul. Notice how ravishing your smile is. That's what makes you beautiful. Stop comparing yourself to people. You are beautiful too, you know. You are weird. You are smart. You are funny. You are oblivious and delusional, but that's who you are. Never run away or escape from becoming your genuine self. Don't be afraid of people's opinions and how society perceives of you. You are strong, but you have flaws. That's okay. You are not perfect. You are not a robot. You can not fix everything. You can not be everyone's cup of tea. However, you can be your own cup of tea. In this world with temporary happiness, do not hesitate to create your own sunshine. Smile when you want to. Laugh if you need to. Cry when you feel like it. There is no need for you to always prove yourself of how worthy and capable you are because the people who accept you will learn to value the real you. Right now, you may be in a haze. Your eyes are tired and so are you. Don't let it bring you down. The world needs more people like you. And at times when you feel as if the world no longer needs you, remind yourself that you are needed and that you make this world a better place because you are in it.

Here's a hug to every person who needed to hear these words 🫶🏻
You are needed in this world because you are in it.
You matter.
The present needs more of you, remember that.