Chapter 3

Charles' pov

She was amazing.

I don't know what it is about her, but I can't stop thinking about her. I've only seen her twice now, but there was something about her that made me want to be with her all the time.

"Charles are you listening?" I snapped back from my daydream.

"Yes, I am," I smiled, Carlos looked at me suspiciously whilst Fred Vasseur glared at me.

"Good, because we can't afford to have any distractions," Fred nodded at me. "With Mercedes and Redbull within reach and McLaren back on form we can't afford to make any mistakes."

No distractions? Too late now. I was officially distracted.

"Ok, now p4 and p5, you know what you need to do," Fred stood up and left the room.

Carlos waited until the team principal was out of earshot before turning to talk to me.

"Ok, what's going on?" He asked.

"Nothing is going on," I stood up brushing down my race suit, making sure not to make eye contact.

"Yeah ok, distracted, avoiding eye contact? You're the worst liar in the world," Carlos followed me out the door.

We walked out into the into the garage where the mechanics were busying themselves on our cars. I heard two familiar voices behind me.

"Hey, Charles, Carlos," Ella said, followed by y/n.

She was wearing a dark blue dress that's brought out the colour of her eyes and her dark brown hair was pulled up on the top of her head. She sun shone around her, silhouetting her.

"I didn't know you'd be here," I asked, shocked.

"Caitlin invited us," Y/n said, her voice soft.

"Yeah and y/n had never been to Italy, so here we are," Ella smiled.

I looked behind me and Carlos was stood there grinning like the Cheshire Cat. I rolled my eyes, turning back to the girls.

"Is Auntie Pascale here?" Ella asked, drawing my attention back from y/n.

"Erm, not today," I stuttered. "She will be next week though."

"What's next week?" Y/n asked confused.

"The Monaco Grand Prix of course," Carlos laughed as y/n looked embarrassed.

"You won't be able to move in Monaco for the next week," Ella added. "Oh well, I only came here to see her, let's go."

She waved pulling y/n with her.

"Bye Carlos," she waved. "Bye Charles."

My heart beat faster when she said my name.

I turned back to face Carlos, who was stood beaming.

"Nothing going on huh?"