Chapter 1

Monte Carlo, Monaco

I walked into my new apartment, it was beautiful. Large wrap around windows looked out onto the Monegasque harbour. I guess my father's new job did have its benefits.

I walked through the open plan kitchen/living room and into my new bedroom. It was a blank canvas, waiting for my flourish.

My phone pinged in my pocket.

Dad ❤️

Have you settled in now?

Yes everything is perfect ❤️

Good, I'm glad we figured something out

Remember you can come home whenever you want!

Don't worry dad, I be fine 💪🏼

I closed my phone. As much as I loved my dad, he never stops worrying and it can be exhausting.

I walked back into the living room and marvelled over the view of the sea. It sparkled in the May sunshine and was a perfect shade of blue, much different from the Northern English coastline. The city was bustling full of people and expensive cars. Everything shone making it look like a city made out of gold.

The time was 17:35 and I had 10 minutes to throw on an outfit to get ready to meet my dad's friends daughter, who I had never met before but lived here in Monaco with her boyfriend.

I opted for a little black dress. A classic. I grabbed my bag and my phone and headed out into the lift.

The club was crowded. People filled every conceivable space. I scanned the crowd, but I could barely see the people in front of me never mind anything else.

"Y/n?"

I turned around to see a small brunette, smiling from ear to ear.

"Caitlin?" I smiled.

"Omg you're beautiful! I haven't seen you in like forever!" She exclaimed, yelling over the very loud music. "Do you want to go somewhere quieter?"

I nodded as I followed her threw the crowds of people. The last time I saw her was when we were both 4 and playing in a paddling pool in her back garden. Let's just say she had changed a bit from then. Height wise- not so much.

There was a little room at the back of the club that said V.I.P on the door. Caitlin walked through and I followed her.

"V.I.P?" I gasped, walking up stairs covered in a red carpet.

"Obviously," Caitlin laughed.

We walked into the room, it was dimly lit but smelled of expensive perfume and wine. Caitlin beckoned me over to a table we're 2 other girls were sat.

"Y/n this is Macey and Ella," Caitlin smiled.

I waved sheepishly at the 2 girls who immediately got up to hug me.

"It's so nice to meet you!" Ella exclaimed, i immediately recognised a Welsh accent.

"It's nice to have another tall friend," Macey smiled.

"Haha, very funny," Caitlin rolled her eyes.

"My dad told me you live with your boyfriend," I said. "Is he here? I'd love to meet him."

"Yes he is, I think he's talking to Carlos," Caitlin pointed to where two men were laughing by the bar.

"Who's Carlos?" I ask to face 3 shocked faces.

"Carlos Sainz?" Ella said, as I was mean to know.

"The Ferrari driver?" Macey added.

"He's an F1 driver? You're boyfriend knows an F1 driver?" I was shocked and confused.

"Right ok your dad told you nothing did he?" Caitlin laughed. "My boyfriend, Lando Norris, is an F1 driver."

"Oh, right I did not know," I felt my cheeks flush. "I'm not really into F1."

"You live in Monaco now, you have to be," Ella laughed.

"Look, I'll give you a whistle stop tour of everyone here. Over there are Lando and Carlos, drive for Mclaren and for Ferrari. That's Pierre with his girlfriend and Yuki, they drive for Alpine and Alpha Tauri. I'm assuming you know Lewis Hamilton over there," Caitlin pointed the the world famous driver standing in the corner with his drink, I nodded. "Then there's Esteban, who also drives for Alpine with Max Verstappen, who obviously drives for Red Bull."

I looked around the room, so much information buzzed around in my brain, that I know would be gone tomorrow. Who knew I would be partying with F1 drivers?

"Hey look it's Charles," Ella stood up and waved her arm at the man who had just walked into the room.

"Ella is Charles' cousin," Macey informed me. "Charles also drives for Ferrari and is the most sought out bachelor in the whole of mainland Europe."

"Bonjour," Charles walked up to their table.

I took him in. His dark hair, his hazel eyes and his perfectly symmetrical face. It was enough to make a grown woman melt away. I snapped out of my trance at the mention of my name.

"I'm Charles," he offered me his hand.

"Y/n," I replied, his touch sending a surge of energy through my body.

"Ahem," Ella coughed, I immediately drew my eyes away from his.

He was intoxicating.