Flashback

"Morning beautiful." Ethan whispers kissing me on the forehead.

I smile and sit up. He hands me a steaming cup of coffee. I happily accept it while Ethan makes himself comfortable on the bed.

"We are going on a date today. I already cleared your work schedule." Ethan states.

"Thank you. What are your date plans?" I inquire with a huge grin on my face.

"You'll see" Is his only reply.

"Oh come on." I huff.

Ethan chuckles but doesn't say anything.

I finish my coffee and both of us get ready.Ethan grabs my hand as we head out.

We walk all the way to the garden. I almost cry when I see the effort Ethan put into this date.

In a secluded part of the gardens,underneath some trees,there is an entire picnic set up.

There are flowers scattered around a blanket with a small basket on top of it. Inside the basket there are an assortment of foods.

The trees are even decorated with hearts made from paper and cardboard.

"How did you get all of this set up?" I ask in awe.

"I must admit,I had some help from Katherine,Jessie and Jenny. Especially with finding the flowers." Ethan replies sheepishly.

"This is perfect. Thank you so much." I say pulling him towards me and crashing my lips into his.

We break apart from our kiss and sit down to eat.

"I wanted to ask you something." Ethan says as I take a bite of the food.

I nod and motion for him to continue,still chewing on my food.

He takes a deep breath before replying. "I haven't really ever asked you to be my girlfriend officially. So will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course." I chuckle.

It seems silly but I'm glad he asked. It makes our relationship feel more real I guess.

Just as I'm about to eat some more a fat drop of rain lands on my hand. Storm clouds have rolled in out of nowhere.

Both of us jump up and save what we can before sprinting back to the hotel,laughing all the way at our misfortune.

We spend the rest of the day playing board games in our room. I don't even care that our picnic was ruined.

I'm just glad that I get to spend time with Ethan. I don't care where we are or what we are doing,as long as we're together.