Chapter 16

The sick freaks let Katherine rot in front of me. I don't know how long I've been here but it must have been at least a week.

Every day they find new ways to torture me but I refuse to break. The idea of murdering Jenny keeps me alive,along with the image of the people I love,whether they are working for the Pillagers or not.

I need to believe that they couldn't possibly be working with them. I haven't had food in days and sometimes when I move old wounds open up. My back feels especially bad but there is nothing life threatening. These people are really good at hurting people it seems.

Just as I'm about to fall asleep qgqin I hear loud screaming and gunshots. I sit up confused.

The door gets quietly opened and in front of me stands the other immune. He is a teenager but these people didn't seem to care about his young age.

He is covered in blood,cuts and bruises. His jet black hair is matted and his blue eyes look wild.He throws me a backpack and gun.

"Let's take our revenge!" He shrieks and bolts off before I can ask any questions.

Welp I guess we are taking revenge. I struggle up and walk out the door. Light blinds me for a few seconds when I step into the dimly lit hallway.

There is choas all around me. It seems like all of the prisoners have been set free.

This place used to be an office building. The doors have been replaced with metal ones though and there are a few cages and chains laying around.

There are a few Pillagers trying to keep everyone at bay. The prisoners are out for blood though and they get brutally murdered.

I'm out for blood as well. The remaining Pillagers rush towards the stairs. Jenny will most probably be there too.

I see my fellow immune and shout to him.

"The people who did this will be upstairs."

He nods and gatheres a group of other prisoners. We rush the small group of Pillagers and take them out. By the looks of it,we took out the most of the Pillagers in this building. There must be thirty bodies laying around.

We spread out searching for any more Pillagers. I bust through a door and there is Jenny,trying to escape through a window.

I grab her leg and drag her back into the room. She shrieks all the way down. I chuckle at her. She's was so loud mouthed while she was protected by a gang of people. Now she looks terrified.

"Please...don't..."She cries.

I don't stop though. She endures hours and hours of torture before I end her pathetic little life. I don't like the sadistic person I have become but if this is who I need to be to survive then,so be it.

I get some information out of her as well. Like where I can find the rest of their camps.

After I'm done torturing her I drag her body outside so that the zombies can eat her.

We end up burning the rest of the building down. It has too many cursed memories to stay standing.

Most people decide that they want to go and stay on their own after they heard that the hotel might not even be standing and that Pillager moles were able to infiltrate it.

The other immune guy,Alex, and I decided to go back. Both of us have people we love back home.

We search for a car with keyes in it and eventually find a scrappy little red car with the keyes hidden underneath the seat.

I stitch up a particularly bad wound on Alex's face and then we are off. Following a map we found in one of the cars.

I can't help but feel a surge of excitement when I think about my friends. I'm sure they could have fended the Pillagers off.

John and Jack are great leaders and we have the numbers. I decide to hold onto that hope.