Chapter 15

It feels like we are driving forever. The person next to me never moves. I don't think that they're alive. There is no way for me to check right now.

I feel the car lurch to a stop. The boot gets opened and I roughly get yanked up and carried somewhere. I don't even bother fighting back.

The hood gets ripped off and I get thrown into a extremely dark room. The only light is coming from the small ceack underneath the door.

I really hate the dark. I can't have a panic attack now though. I need to keep it together.

I take a few deep breaths to calm myself down. I take a few deep breaths and try to picture Ethan to make myself feel better but the image gets clouded by my distrust. He might be working with the Pillagers too.

There have been loads of times where I haven't seen him. He might have been at work with Jack but he could just as easily have been sneaking around talking to the Pillagers.

I really hope not. The love I feel for him is the only thing keeping me sane right now. Hopefully this is just extreme paranoia from being betrayed.

The door gets thrown open and the light from outside blinds me for a few seconds. Eventually I see that the group consists of Jenny and two other men.

I refuse to say anything. She has a smug smirk on her face. I wish I could beat it off of her.

"I'm sure you have a lot of questions so I'm just going to awnser those I know you have. Yes there are more spies at the hotel. Yes we are sending a group of people to attack the hotel as we speak. We need some information from you though. You probably know who else is immune right? Maybe you could give me some awnsers now?" Jenny monologs.

"Screw. You." I spit through clenched teeth.

I did see a few of the other immune people at the hotel getting checkups at the same time as me. I refuse to tell her who they are though.

"I thought that would be your awnser. You have always been so stubborn." Jenny snaps.

One of the men step forward and his fist connects with different parts of my body. He eventually stops when his fists start bleeding and I nearly pass out.

He walks out and I start crying when he returns with Katherine. I can see that she was beaten too.

"Don't tell them anything. No matter what." She whispers,earning her another beating.

"Please stop!" I cry out.

"Tell us what you know then!" The man shouts getting more frustrated and in turn beating Katherine harder.

Katherine looks horrendous,but when our eyes meet,she just shakes her head. She doesn't know who the immune are and my captures must know this.

That's why they are using her to break me.

"Okay on three I'm sliting this little bitches throat. You better tell me the names of the other immune before then. One...two...three." The man shouts.

He grabs his knife and drags it across her throat. Blood spurts out and I scream. Katherine gurgles a little bit before falling completely silent.

"Guess I'll just try the other immune guy we found." The man callously says and strolls out.

"KATHERINE!...Katherine." I sob. "please wake up. Don't leave..."

I can't do this without her. She was there for me when this horrible mess started and we grew so close in such a short time. Traumatic events tend to bring people close.

She always tried to support me and be there for me in her way. How will I tell Jessie that the love of her life is dead.

As I lay there staring at Katherines limp body,with blood dripping down the front of her shirt,I decide something.

I will burn this entire place to the ground and personally kill Jenny. She will know the worst pain imaginable and after that she will die slowly.