9| finding help

The night sky was still up and out in the Scorch, time having gone by since the group had been running from the lightning and Y/n had been struck by the lightning, getting knocked unconscious by the impact of the lightning

The night sky was still up and out in the Scorch, time having gone by since the group had been running from the lightning and Y/n had been struck by the lightning, getting knocked unconscious by the impact of the lightning. The building was large, the lights still being seen on from the outside as the flashing of lightning seemed to have came to a stop after some time passed for the many people out in the hot, sandy and abandoned city. It was dark all around the building, other than the campfires the people inside the structure had made for the continuous nighttime in their daily lives.

After being scanned by the girl that had led them through the building, the group of teenagers currently found themselves hung upside down above a large hole, rope wrapped around their ankles as their hair and arms dangled down. It had been a little while since they were brought up above the large hole, and no one or Jorge had came to speak to them and asked about the destination Thomas had announced. They had hoped, after Thomas insisted that they should just hear what he had to say, that Jorge would possibly know where the Right Arm was or at least help them.

"Good plan, Thomas. 'Just hear what the man has to say'." Minho reminds to break the silence, sarcasm laced in his tone. "Really working out for us."

Thomas scoffs. "Shut up, Minho."

Hoping that he could possibly reach the rope that was wrapped around their ankles, the brunette leans up to grab the rope. Unfortunately for them, he was unsuccessful as he dropped back down with a frustrated sigh. While he did that, Jorge was stepping into the room with a slight smug expression on his face as he looked between the group.

"Enjoying the view?" Jorge calls out, catching their attention.

Y/n narrows her eyes on him. "What the hell do you want?"

"That is the question. My men want to sell you back to WICKED. Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that. Something tells me that you're not either." Jorge comments.

"Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho asks.

Jorge glances between them before stopping his gaze on Thomas. "Tell me what you know about the Right Arm."

"I thought you said they were ghosts." Newt recalls.

"I happen to believe in ghosts. Especially when I hear them chattering on the airwaves." Jorge replies as he walks over to a lever, placing his hand on it. "You tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal."

Thomas shrugs. "We don't know much."

This clearly didn't sit right with Jorge as he stares down the boy while pushing the lever down. This causes the group to drop a foot, closer down the bottom of the hole they were hanging above. Shouts escaped past their mouths as Thomas raised his hands in surrender, giving in throughout his yells.

"Okay! They're hiding in the mountains. And they attacked WICKED. They got out a bunch of kids. That's it. That's all we know." Thomas informs.

There was a silence as Jorge stared at him, taking a step forward as he opens his mouth. Before he could say anything, a voice called out the man's name. The teenagers look over, watching as a bigger man with a bald head and facial hair walks in, taking a glance at them before looking to his friend.