10| HOLY SHIT!

Chapter TenHoly Shit!

Chapter Ten
Holy Shit!

AS Stiles lifted up the roller door, Diana helped Derek with an arm wrapped around her shoulders. She guided him to sit down on a pile of dog food bags as Stiles' phone buzzed. "Does Northern Blue monkshood mean anything to you?" Stiles asked Derek; reading Scott's message.
"It's a rare form of wolfsbane. He has to bring me the bullet," Derek answered; now struggling to keep his eyes open. 

"Why?"

"Because I'm gonna die without it."

Stiles quickly made work of relaying Derek's demand to Scott as Diana unlocked the door to the clinic. She helped Derek to his feet and followed Stiles into the exam room as he turned on the lights. Derek pulled away from her and began removing his shirt. Diana's eyes stared at his bare back and noticed a tattoo in the middle of his back that was three spirals interlocked with each other. She stored it in the back of her mind to ask what it meant when he wasn't dying; not that her mind was focused on anything as her eyes widened when Derek turned around to reveal his toned torso. Her mind went blank and she froze as her eyes did not move from Derek. Diana finally snapped back to reality when his wounded arm moved into her line of sight and she couldn't help but wince at how much worse it had gotten since she first saw it.

"Okay. You know, that really doesn't look like anything some echinacea and a good night of sleep couldn't take care of," Stiles said; trying not to throw up as he avoided looking at the wound. 

"When the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me," Derek informed the siblings.

He moved away from the table and started searching through the cupboards. "Positivity just isn't in your vocabulary, is it?" Stiles remarked sarcastically.

"If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time, last resort..." Derek trailed off as he continue searching. 

"Which is?" Diana asked but she had a feeling she wasn't going to like his answer.

"One of you is gonna cut off my arm," Derek held up a bone saw.

"Oh hell no!" Diana exclaimed; moving away from the table with her hands up in surrender.

Derek placed the saw on the table and slid it towards Stiles who grabbed it.

"Oh, my God. What if you bleed to death?" Stiles asked the question both he and Diana were thinking. 

"It'll heal if it works," Derek answered as he wrapped a tourniquet around his bicep. 

"Ugh. Look, I don't know if I can do this," Stiles said truthfully; grimacing at the thought of chopping off someone's arm. 

"Why not?"

"Well, because of the cutting through the flesh, the sawing of the bone, and especially the blood!" Stiles explained; now looking a bit woozy as he stared down at Derek's arm.