02| TALL, DARK AND PISSED

Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Tall, Dark and Pissed

DIANA sat on the benches that overlooked the field to watch the lacrosse practice. "Hey, Di," Lydia greeted the senior girl as she sat down next to her.

Whilst Lydia ignored those who weren't in her clique, Diana was a different story. Lydia always came to Diana for advice on...pretty much anything. She viewed the older girl as a wise older sister who always had the answers. And never made Lydia feel stupid. The two girls didn't know why but they just seemed drawn to each other.

"Hey," Diana greeted back and noticed the new girl next to Lydia; looking at Scott who was also looking back at her.

"Di, this is Allison. Allison, this is Diana. My honorary big sister," Lydia introduced the two she was sitting in between; wrapping an arm around Diana to give her a side hug.

"Hi," the two girls spoke in unison; giving each other cheery smiles.

"McCall!" Coach Finstock called out causing Scott to jump slightly and turn his attention away from Allison.

"Yeah?"

"You're on goal," Finstock said before throwing gear at Scott.

"I've never played," Scott informed the Coach; confused as to why Coach wanted him on goal.

"I know. Scoring some shots will give the boys a confidence boost. It's a first-day back thing. Get 'em energized, fired up!" Coach explained; giving Scott a smack on the shoulder.

"What about me?"

"Try not to take any in the face," was Coach's advice before giving Scott a light slap on the cheek.

"Let's go! Come on!" Coach walked away from Scott; egging on the other players.

Scott, now in the gear given to him before Coach, stood in the goal and Diana could tell he was scared by him rolling his shoulders and bouncing lightly on his feet.

"Who is that?" Allison asked; her eyes never leaving Scott.

"Him? I'm not sure who he is. Why?" Lydia asked as Scott's head turned to look at them.

Diana's brows frowned as it was like he was listening in on them.

"He's in my English class," Allison explained to Lydia. 

"That's Scott. Scott McCall. He is friends with my brother," Diana informed Allison; giving the girl a small smile.

The whistle blew and Diana watched as Scott gripped his head like the whistle hurt his ears. As Scott wasn't paying attention to anything, he didn't notice the ball came flying towards him until it smacked him in the face; throwing him to the ground. Everyone laughed at him whilst Diana winced.