07| DREAMS

Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Dreams

DIANA wasn't listening to Scott and Stiles' conversation as they walked in front of her. Her eyes were unfocused; her thumb playing with the bandage she had wrapped around her wrist. Although the wounds were no longer bleeding, Diana didn't trust herself not to pick at the scabs that had formed. The teen girl had barely slept since Derek had visited her and there wasn't enough concealer in the world to cover up the dark bags under her eyes. Her unwashed and dull dark hair was pulled back into a messy bun. A baggy red sweatshirt and dark wash jeans were haphazardly worn and her usual black polish was chipped from her nervous picking.

Stiles looked back at his sister after Scott had finished talking about his dream and noticed she wasn't paying attention. "Hey, you okay?"

Stiles' question bought Diana back into the real world as her eyes moved to look at him. "Sorry. So you dreamed that you killed Allison?" Diana asked; faintly remembering what the boys' conversation was about. 

"I don't know. I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before," Scott answered; shrugging his shoulders slightly. 

"Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently," Stiles remarked causing Diana to let out a loud gag before smacking the back of his head.

"TMI, Stiles."

"A, I meant I've never had a dream that felt that real, and B, never give me that much detail about you in bed again," Scott listed; shivering in disgust. 

"Noted. Let me take a guess here-," "No, I know, you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out."

Diana rolled her eyes at Scott before scoffing loudly; "No, of course not."

Scott glared at Diana who glared right back. As much as Diana liked Allison, she was getting sick of her being the only thing Scott cared about and talked about.

"Yeah, that's totally it," Stiles interjected; trying to keep the peace between his best friend and his older sister.

"Hey, come on, it's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a lycanthropy for beginners class you can take," Stiles commented; moving Diana so she was walking beside him instead of between him and Scott. 

"What about a teacher?" Diana suggested; her thumb tracing the claw marks on her wrist. 

"Who, Derek?" This time, Stiles was smacking the back of Diana's head.

"You forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?"

"That wasn't my idea; it was you two numbnuts'," Diana snapped as she rubbed the back of her head.