04| CONTROL

Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Control

LIKE always, Diana watched the lacrosse practice. Normally she could ignore those around her and focus on Scott and Stiles, especially now Scott because of his werewolfness, but she couldn't shake the feeling like she was being watched. She looked around to see if anyone was staring at her but she couldn't see anyone.

She ignored the feeling; hoping it would just go away and turned back just in time to see Scott being thrown to the ground by Jackson, hard. Jackson said something to Scott but Diana couldn't hear it. She looked over at Stiles; knowing Scott's anger was rising and with it, his urge to rip someone's throat out. "McCall's gonna do it again! McCall's gonna do it again!" Coach called out after whispering something to Scott which Diana knew didn't help quell his anger.

Scott went again but this time, he was the one to ram into Jackson causing Jackson to land on the ground hard, clutching his shoulder. Scott dropped to his knees and Diana knew he was shifting. She leapt from the stands just as Stiles went over to Scott and pulled him to his feet; leading him away from the field as everyone else gathered around Jackson. Diana went to follow the boys when she noticed Derek watching them near the edge of the woods. "What are you doing here?" she questioned him as she stormed over.

Her arms crossed over her chest as she stood in front of him. "Kind of creepy, you being here."

Derek didn't respond; just staring down at Diana with his intense green eyes. "Okay. Nice talking to you," she remarked and went to walk away but was stopped. "He's gonna kill someone if he plays."

"Then help him," she pleaded with him before walking away to find her brother and Scott.

She made her way to the boys' locker room where she assumed Stiles would have taken Scott when she heard a commotion coming from the locker room making her sprint. When she entered, she saw Scott on the roof and he was chasing Stiles. Diana grabbed the fire extinguisher and called out; "Hey wolfie!"

Scott jumped down in front of her and she blasted him with the fire extinguisher as Stiles ran behind his sister. Stiles pulled her into the hallway; their backs pressed against the wall. "Diana? Stiles?" They heard Scott call out in confusion; letting them know it was safe to re-enter the locker room.

"What happened?" he asked the siblings once they had re-entered.

"You tried to kill me," Stiles said through his heavy breathing; throwing his gloves.

"It's like I told you before. It's the anger. It's your pulse rising. It's a trigger," Stiles sat down on the ground in front of Scott whilst Diana remained standing beside them.

"But that's lacrosse. It's a pretty violent game, if you hadn't noticed," Scott stated the obvious.

"It's gonna be a lot more violent if you end up killing someone on the field. You can't play Saturday. You're gonna have to get out of the game," Diana explained to him as she placed a hand on his shoulder.