🥀Jack x John [SHORT]

sorry everyone for the long wait, and I apologize for this fic being so short 🙇‍♂️ I hope this is alright
suggested by: @hello-fellow-person
TW: Hurt no comfort, smoking, betrayal

The cold air hit John's face as he stepped throughout the cement pavement. Lately he'd been taking walks at night, it helped him get his mind off whats been happening lately. The cult recently burnt his home down, most likely because he was so close to busting them down. Legally he cant do anything at the moment, putting him in a tough spot. 

On the upside, he was lucky. He had a good partner who had supported him and helped him when his house burnt to the ground. He smiled to himself, still walking through the cold night. He stopped and sharply exhaled, causing a bit of steam to form in the air from his breath.

 He was so close to busting the cult... Yet they stopped him immediately. How'd they know where he lived? Well, they are a cult so he suspected some probable stalking. But still, they must've known every detail of the house. When he'd leave, when his daughter would leave. His shoulders tensed. He tried shaking the thoughts from his head but they were on his mind, prodding his brain and mocking  him. He popped a cigarette in his mouth to try and calm down.

 A large rattle came from a nearby alley, practically making John jump from his thoughts. He walked a few feet towards the alley and stood in front of it. He looked down the alley, only to choke on the cigarette in his mouth, spitting it out. 

"Jack?" He said, clearly in shock. The figure in the alley turned and smiled, dropping a large bag down on the ground and stretching his arms wide for a hug. "John!!" He wrapped his arms around the shorter man. 

John stepped away cautiously, breaking from the hug. He remained silent. Jack looked around, over to the bag then back down to his hands. He looked back up at John in shock. "It's not what it looks like, i swear-" Jack started, only to be cut off by John, "If it's not what it looks like, then whats with the cult-robe?? You're helping them?? How could you- I trusted you.

Tears welled in John's eyes as he yelled. John relaxed his body as tears began streaming. "Don't show up to work tomorrow," He turned dramatically, "Just don't even bother."  He put one of his hands in his pocket and walked away, popping another cigarette in his mouth with the other. 

Jack stood in disbelief, regret, and hatred. No, not hatred for John, but himself. He knew breaking down the cult meant alot to him, he knew John hated this cult with every ounce in his body. Yet he took a chance. He thought if he was careful enough he could still remain with  John and still get his way. Everything would be good. But he got selfish and began more risky work within the cult.

He looked down at his feet, tears rolling down. His body was filled with regret.