Part 20

Heh. Hi.

I know it's been a while, and I don't really have an excuse. Maybe a little bit of procrastination. Just a little bit🙂

ANYWAYS! We're at 125k reads! I can't believe it! I love you guys so much❤️

⚠️PLEASE READ⚠️
Also I changed the breakfast scene in chapter 18 because I decided that I didn't want the family to know about her company this soon, so go back and reread that part of the chapter so you won't be confused in the future chapters.

LOVE YA! BYEE😘

Cleo's POV:

I'm currently walking to lunch with these two knuckleheads behind me talking so very loudly.

Have they never heard of inside voices.

I need a moment of silence.

"I am obviously the best cook out of all of us, and the most attractive I mean look at me." Damien says, posing with his hands and his hands and his chin tilted up.

"Yahhh sure. You know you're pretty cocky for someone who doesn't like cock." Mitra says with a smirk, obviously trying to get under his skin.

*Hehe that was a good one.

Damien gasp dramatically, with his hand over his chest. "If you were anymore of a bitch, you'll birth puppies."

"That doesn't really make sense-

"I'M UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO MAKE SENSE TO YOU!" Damien huffs and walks to me defeated. He lays his head on my shoulder, and I wrap my around his shoulder and play with his curls, amused with the situation.

I turn to Mitra with a playful glare and reprimand her. "Why did you do that Mitra? You know he's sensitive."

"I am not sensitive." Damien mumbles.

*Pshh rightttt. A big baby is what he is.

I chuckle at Karma and Damien looks at me with and offended face. "I am not sensitive!"

"I wasn't laughing at you! I was laughing at Karma." I say back, trying my hardest not to smile.

"What did she say about me now." he says raising an eyebrow, knowing that Karma is brutally honest.

"Nothing important." I say continuing through the halls.

He huffs dismissing the conversation.

*For now anyway. Knowing Damien he'll bring it up later just to be petty.

True.

We continue to walk in silence until Mitra decides to break it. "I have to use the restroom really quick."

"I'll go with you." I say a little too quickly.

"Umm okay then." Mitra says going towards the girls' restroom. I follow behind after telling Damien to go find a table for us.

When we enter the restrooms Mitra goes to do her business in the stall; while I stare at myself in the mirror, thinking.

I try not to think so much. Because if I do, then my thoughts start to destroy me. And yet, I can't stop, because the silence was breaking me too.

I stare into my eyes and I can see her. She's trapped in this dark spiral trying to find her way out of an endless loophole. And yet, she doesn't stop. Even though she knows that she will never get out. She doesn't stop even though she knows that nobody can hear her screams for help. She doesn't stop even though she knows... that nobody is coming to save her.