Chapter 2

Dantè Esposito (father) POV:

It's been 14 years since I saw my prinicipessa. 14 years since my only daughter, the light that was once in our lives, disappear. 14 years since our entire family changed. Since Alessandro became numb and buried himself into his work. Since Leonardo became emotionless and only talks to us if it's about work. Since Angelo stepped up to take care of his younger siblings, because his parents were depressed about losing their princess. Since Lorenzo let his anger consume and control his actions. Since Antonio became the goofy, funny brother who feels obligated to cheer everyone up. And since Luca lost his twin, his other half.

At the moment, Alessandro and I are in a meeting with the Koreans. We are talking about forming an alliance with the Americans. The Americans barely form alliances with anybody. Not that they have to, their mafia is bigger than the Italians and Russians combined. Nobody knows who the current Don is. Apparently he's scarier than the old Don and that guy is terrifying. And that's coming from me, a former mafia Don.

We're just about ending the meeting, when my phone rings out. Looking at the number, I notice it's a California area code. Weird.

I answer the phone with a cold voice. "Hello?"  A woman's voice rings through my ears, "Hello is this Dante Esposito?" She says with a polite voice.

"Yes it is. Is there anything you want?" I say growing impatient.

"Uh yes actually. I'm calling to inform you that Cleodora Ferrari's mother and stepfather died from a car accident a couple of hours ago. We did a DNA test and found that you are her father and that you are currently looking for her, correct?"

I froze as tears brimmed my eyes. I could everybody in the room looking at me with confusion. Probably because the big bad Italian Mafia Don is on the verge of tears. I snap out of it when I hear the woman speak again. "Hello sir are you there? If you don't want to take custody of her, then we'll just put her in the system until she is 18."

"NO! No I'll take her in." I say, still not believing what I'm hearing.

"Great I'll send you the address to her school, and you can sign the papers and pick her up from there." She says, not waiting a second for me to respond before she hung up.

I hop up out of my seat looking at the Koreans, "Ok thank you for coming today old friend but me and my son must be leaving now." I say grabbing my son from the chair and dragging him out of the building.

Once we got in the car, I got my phone out and texted the family group chat.

"EMERGENCY MEETING. MY OFFICE. 10 MINUTES."

Alessandro looks at his phone, reading the message and looks back up to me. "What's going on dad?"

I look at him with the biggest smile on my face, "Just wait."
*******
Once we enter the office everybody is there as expected.

Leo texting on his phone. Angelo talking to my beautiful wife. Lorenzo looking irritated at his twin that's telling a lame joke. And Luca eating chips watching axel sign a story. Axel is deaf is his left ear. He can talk but he rather sign. My wife had Axel and Theo 10 years after Cleo was kidnapped. We'll get into that another time.

Everybody looks at me. There faces turn into confusion when they see a big genuine smile on my face.

"Why is he smiling like that?" ask Antonio

"I don't know but it's fucking creepy." Says Lorenzo.

"LANGUAGE" me, my oldest sons, and my wife say at the same time. Lorenzo just rolls his eyes.