Chapter 21.

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
self harm

⎯⎯ HANNAH'S POV:

It's around eleven the next day and my drip is a few hours away from being finished. I still haven't eaten yet, the doctor said it could also just be stress. The nurses come in every hour.

'Hey girls. I brought visitors!' Lizzie says as she walks in, followed by katie and ashley.

'Hey monkey.' MK says as she comes and hugs me. Ash greets me too, they're sat either side of me.

The machine starts complaining again.

'If this thing beeps at me one more
goddamn time.' I sigh. 'It's just blocked again, it'll solve itself.' Scarlett chuckles. 'It's literally water. How is it blocked, with water.' I blankly say.

'What did you have for breakfast?' MK asks.
'Nothing.' I state plainly. 'You've gotta have something.' Ashley says.

I'm not interested in entertaining this conversation right now, i just want to go home, to my bed. And just sleep, peacefully.

'Don't ignore us.' Ashley chuckles. 'I'm not, i'm just not replying.' I shrug.

'Since when were you such a smartass.' Scarlett chuckles. 'Well you're my mom so, must be genetic.' I sass out quickly, earning a chuckle from everyone. 'I rest my case.' Scarlett puts her hands up in surrender.

The doctor comes back in.

'Okay hannah you're free to go at three. You do need to eat something so we make sure it actually stays where it's supposed to.' She says.

'But i don't want to.' I mumble. 'I know you'll be scared you'll throw it back up but i doubt that will happen now.' The doctor chuckles.

She starts taking out my IV.

'Okay i'm just going to take your blood again.' She says as she furrows her eyebrows with concentration. 'Okay cool, all done. You should be good to go soon.' She smiles and takes out the IV. 'Don't scratch it, your skin will be irritated but you'll only irritate it more.' MK instructs.

The doctor leaves and i grab my phone.

Joe
hey guys.

Ems
hi dude.

Max
Where's hannah

Me
I'm here, i'm in hospital lmfao

Max
why?

Me
i got an infection and they had to use a drip to wash it out my system. really gross.

Max
oh shit, u should come see us when you get outta hospital. are you coming to arcadia?

me
hmm not sure if i'm enrolling yet.

Max
you should, it'll be fun. plus you'll have loads of bitches cuz ur like famous n shit

Me:
LMAO, that's not how it works, if anytbing i'll probs be a loner.

Max
dude u have us, u wouldn't be alone.

Me:
well aren't you just such a gentleman.

Max:
I know 😁

Ems:
Get well soooonnn <3.

Teddy:
get well soon hannah

joe
yeah that

'I want to go to Arcadia high, don't enrol me in the other school cause max said that's where all the snobs go.' I tell scarlett. 'Okay fair enough, i'll call tomorrow.' Scarlett chuckles.

'Wait who is max?' Ashley asks. 'This guy in my friend group.' I murmur as i answer other notifications.

'I think max likes you.' Ashley says in a sing song voice. 'I don't like him so he's going to have to suck it up.' I raise my eyebrows.

We've been discharged and we're leaving, still haven't been fed but it's all good and dandy.

'Whose house are you going to?' MK asks.
'Need to get my stuff from your house, but i want to go home.' I say.

'Okay we'll go to ours first.' Ashley smiles.

We arrive at the twins place. I rush upstairs straight to my room and i pack.

'Hey honey.' The twins appear in the doorway. 'Hey.' I reply glumly, im tired and sore and just not in the mood.

'Can we talk?' MK asks and the words ring through my head, i manage to brush off anything negative that could possibly happen.

'We need you to hand them to us.' Ashley says, getting straight to the point. 'Give you what?' I ask. 'What you're using to hurt yourself with.' MK elaborates. 'I don't have anything on me, sorry to disappoint.' I chuckle dryly.

'Open up your phone case.' MK says sternly.

I open it.

'Hannah spare the conflict, please give me them.' Ashley says as her patience grows thin. 'No you don't need them.' I defend. 'We can't let you keep them.' MK says softly. 'You can't take them.' I protest.

'Look i know this is going to feel like the end of the world, like you're going to drown because you don't have anything to take the edge off, but eventually you'll thank us.' MK speaks.

I grab my bag and dig through it, finding the hole in my bag.

'Watch your fingers.' MK says sternly.

I find them in a corner and i give them to the twins.

'Thank you. You know we're only a call away honey.' Ashley says softly, i just hum, not wanting to talk anymore.

'You girls ready?' Lizzie shouts up the stairs.
'Be right down!' MK shouts back.

I grab the few final things and we leave. I say goodbye and thank you to both the twins, knowing i'll see them soon anyways because of my moms schedule.

We drive home, i walk into my room and i'm instantly at ease. There's no place like your own room, it's just so peaceful.

I put all my clothes away and put the dirty ones in the washing basket, i tidied up a little and put the rest of my things away before getting into bed.

'Hey honey do you want anything to eat before bed?' Lizzie asks, i left my door open. 'Nope i'm okay.' I shut her down.

'You need to have something, it's not healthy.' Lizzie lectures as she walks in. 'I'm really not hungry.' I sigh, i still feel just as shitty as before.

She sighs in defeat. 'Fine, goodnight.' She presses a gentle kiss on my forehead and she leaves.