coolcoolcool

coolcoolcool

"How is it?" He can't hold back the excitement spilling out of his voice.

"It's snug," I comment, as close to a compliment as I could get while my eyes remained glued to the mirror.

It fit like a glove.

That's what I wanted to say. It was next to perfection.

The suit was snug, that much was true. It clung to the shape of my every curve, or at least the ones I had. My dramatic hip dips were made even more pronounced, but the slight cinch in my waist was eye catching too. Overall, I would describe my body type as simply flat. Maude liked to say I was built like a cereal box, like the true friend she was. But with this suit on, I felt anything but boxy. And something deep inside me was fighting to feel good about how I looked in the mirror, my insecurity overwhelming every other sense I had.

The suit was simple, Cisco relaying multiple times that this was just the first prototype he'd physically created; the final suit was still in the works. Today—my first day training with The Flash—would suffice as a trial run for the design of the suit before Cisco added the finishing touches, and for myself too, I guess. The white thicker-than-spandex material hugged my skin from my wrists to my ankles. He'd designed the bust with a ribbed material that was softer and provided more give, rivets going up the sides similar to a bustier. The zipper down the front of the suit made it easier to put on and take off by myself, a helpful addition from Cisco.

I looked much tanner in the stark white suit, contrasting my dark features. I'm sure Cisco had a vision of what The Flash and I would look like together—out fighting crime, of course. And perhaps the pure white of my suit against the scarlet of his was the exact idea he had in mind.

A gust of wind, then, "Guys, I'm so sorry, I was late to work and—"

From behind me in the mirror, I can see Barry Allen staring at me, mirroring the exact look I had given him just two weeks ago when he had accidentally revealed to me that he was The Flash. Seeing me in the suit seems to have him shell shocked. Or maybe it was because he realized the team didn't know that I knew he was The Flash.

"Oh my god, Barry's The Flash?" I put on my best show, turning around in the thick heeled white boots to face the group as Barry just continues to stare at me, dry mouthed.

Oh, it was definitely the suit.

My acting seems to have made it to Caitlin and Cisco, but I can tell from the look on Dr. Well's face that he knows I already knew, a coy half-grin settling on his lips.

Barry then clears his throat, reorienting himself as he takes his eyes off me, looking down and scratching the back of his head awkwardly. All eyes have been on him since I spun around. "I wanted to tell you, but—"

Caitlin cuts him off, sensing the weird vibe in the room. "We wanted to tell you, Sam. But before you were officially part of the team, it was just a risk."

I shrug with a closed lipped smile. "I get it, guys. I can't imagine you've had the best luck with other meta humans in the past."

The word felt strange rolling off my tongue, because it was describing myself. I'm still reeling with my mind to believe that this did happen to me; I am a meta human.

There's a collective agreement along with some sighs at the statement, all of them visibly exhausted from the thought of all their past rivals.

Barry's eyes look up again to meet my own. He gives me a tiny nod, a small way to silently say thank you in front of everyone. It seems they were more serious about me not knowing about Barry than I had originally thought. To be fair, they sucked at keeping the secret when I was here practically every day. I send him a quick wink, a smile spreading to my cheeks as Dr. Wells announces that we can take the van to the abandoned airport runway that they used to train Barry.