favors

favors

So we'd been at it for two weeks now. I'd come into S.T.A.R. Labs every morning, get some testing done, sometimes some crazier testing, and then I go home and wait by the phone for the miracle call that they've figured me out.

Caitlin had offered to pick me up today on the way to the lab, seeing as my car was out of commission. On the way there, I was telling her the story that I totally broke the brake pedal off when I was trying to stop for a rabbit in the road.

My foot had turned rock solid before I could realize the strength of it, causing the pedal to snap off like cheap plastic. Luckily the bunny and I lived, but my car needed some serious repair after swerving it into a tree to avoid the creature and resolving the inability to brake.

But when she gets a call as we're approaching the lab that Dr. Wells' home had been broken into, we take a sharp turn and detour toward his luxurious home. The sleek, modern micro mansion sat in a lovely patch of woods, thick and covered in green, that well hid the expensive home.

Police cars line the drive as we park the car and hurry to meet up with Cisco who's parked a few in front of us. The three of us are able to bypass the officers at the front door as Caitlin simply states they work for Dr. Wells.

Immediately upon entering, we're met with Detective West, Dr. Wells, and Barry Allen. And glass, broken glass that covers the floor in a thick layer, obviously from the skylight of a roof.

"Dr. Wells, Dr. Wells, are you okay?" Caitlin asks, rushing to the man's side.

"Dr. Snow, I'm—I'm fine. A little chilly. Otherwise, I'm fine," he assures her. Then his eyes shift to Cisco and I who have come around the other side of him.

"Hello, Cisco, Miss Rozier." He nods to each of us. "Make yourselves at home, as best you can. I'm gonna make a hotel reservation," he states, directing his wheelchair down the hall.

My eyes do everything they can to stay away from Barry Allen, staying trained on the man in the motorized wheelchair disappearing into another room.

Cisco bumps into my shoulder, looking around the home. "Oh... This place is so sick."

I hum in agreement, looking around more myself.

"Yeah..." Barry agrees, his voice practically forcing my eyes to look at him. "Hey, what took you guys so long?"

"Well, I was picking Sam up," Caitlin states.

"And we've also never been here before. I kinda got lost," Cisco explains as Barry Allen finally looks at me.

"Sam, hey," he addresses me, but not saying much of anything as he can't hide his furrowed brow. Detective West and the crew must've not told him about me yet. Which I think I was over the moon about.

But then Barry's attention shifts back to Caitlin. "He tends to keep his private life private," she says, referring to why neither of them had ever been to Dr. Wells' home regardless of how close they all seemed.

As Barry is about to ask another question, Dr. Wells reappears from the end of the hall, still on the phone. We all shift around awkwardly, feeling odd that we were just speaking about him.

"We'll let you guys get to work," Caitlin states, eyes glancing from Barry to me, though Barry's eyes are still following Dr. Wells.

"Lab time?" Cisco asks with excitement, Barry still taking no notice.

The three of us start walking to the door as Detective West waves to us, Barry muttering a goodbye.

"Hope all those tattoos under there mean you love needles," Caitlin gives me a forgiving smile, gesturing to my jacket covering my arms.