Chapter 5: The attack

The catapults were placed on the beach, pointing at the village. He huge guy, who apparently was their leader, raised his hand, and swung it foreward. Ten huge rocks flew towards the village. The sound of crashes, screams, children crying! It was horrible! Two of them landed in the sea. Five landed on two different farms. Two hitted the major hall. The one that was left crashed in the middle of the village and two houses were destroyed. While the catapults were reloading, the group of warriors came into action. They ran up the path to the village. It would take those five minutes to come there. What could I do? I felt so powerless. I couldn't do anything without putting my sisters at risk. So sat down, and had to watch how the strangers swarmed towards the village. I couldn't see anything, just the ships, the catapults and the beginning of the village. They kept shooting rocks to our village, until the man were there. You could easily see it. When they alls topped shooting, while they did have rocks to shoot, their man would have arrived. And so happened. Some had tree stones left, others two, and they all stopped shooting. I could hear the fighting. I took my sisters and held them close to me, while I tried to give them cover with my body and shield in case they would find the cave. We sat that way for ten minutes, my sisters behind me, and my shield in front of me. My axe was in my right hand, and my shield in my left. Suddenly the fighting stopped. I got curious and told my sisters to hide in or behind the big tree in the middle. I crept to the entrance of the cave and listened. I heard a familiar  voice. Not my father, that's for sure. Suddenly I had a flash back. My mother and I were kidnapped, and I hitted the guy with the axe.

                                           "Leave him, we have what we want."

It was the guy who kidnapped my mother... I had to restrain myself, otherwise I would have ran towards him, and would have tried to hit him. But if my dad couldn't defeat him, I certainly couldn't. I just sat and listened. "Listen to me, so-called chief, my name is Alvin. Alvin the Treacherous. Remember me? My spy's have watched you for a long time and we saw you have a good since of trade. We can use that. If you don't help, we will kill your lovely housewife. Also we want your yak's, chickens and sheep. But you don't have to worry about that, they aren't yours anymore. In fact, you are mine. Let's go. Send the quick boat home, so they know that they have to pick up the animals. YOU! Come here. You must stand guard on the beach until we return for the animals. See you in 20 days " he commanded a rather small, shivering boy, about my age. "No no no! Not my dad. Not him too! What do I do?" I whispered. I crawled back to my sisters, and told them what I saw. They started crying. I held them close again, and stroked their heads. " All is gonna be ok. I promise." I watched how all the people from the village were loaded in the boats. Slowly they sailed away, my dad in the last boat. A tear fell from my cheek into the moist, wet grass. All was gone. 

A/N Thanks again for reading my story, it means the world to me! See yall next time!