Chapter 3: The party

"Son ,are you coming?" My dad was waiting outside, all the way down the stairs to our house, impatiently tapping with his foot. "In a minute dad, I am gonna get Miranda and Jacoline!" I yelled.  "Ok, just make sure to hurry up!" he yelled. "I will!" I said back, and just when I was about to open the door I noticed the sword, laying just aside of it. It was a beauty. The handle was made of iron, and pieces of leather were tied to the metal, with a leather rope. the whole leather handle was smoothed with some kind of harden wax. And then there was the blade. So sharp, it almost cut through my shield, which I am going to have to replace by the way. I picked it up. It felt lighter than my axe. I put it under my belt, with a little piece of leather in between. I opened the door, to find my sisters at the top of the stairs. "Johnny!!!' The girls screamed. "You really hit that guy well John!" Miranda said. "Yeah! And did you see how far he fell down the stairs! I bet that hurted!" We laughed. "So girls, how are you doing?" I got down on my knees. "Well, we watched you fight, and watched daddy, and the catapults!" Jacoline said. "Yes, it was so fun!" they said. "Well, I am about to tell you something way more funnier! Dad is having a party, 'cause of the victory!" "YEAH' They both screamed. "So get your boots and come with me!" The girls put on their boots, and ran outside. I closed the door, after I picked my axe and shield. I ran down the stairs, and walked to the party in the major hall. It was amazing, there was food of all kind, lots of drinks, and even more people. Apparently the whole village came to the party. My sisters immediately ran to their friends, and I walked to the chair next to my dad. He raised his hand. Everyone was quiet. He started speaking. "Everyone, welcome to the party. As you all know this party is because we won another battle against Henry the Harsh. I want to thank everyone that helped me and my son fighting. Have a great party everyone!" Everyone began to cheer. Some people came and congratulated us. "Dad?" "Yes son?" "I want to show you something." I pulled the sword out and showed it."Look, it's the sword of Scarnose. I fought him, and won. Take it as a trophy." My father couldn't believe his eyes. The sword of Scarnose! He looked at me, so proud, and raised his hand again. "Everyone, listen." It was quiet again. "My son has given me something." He showed the sword. Silent mumbles rose from the hall. You do need to understand that a sword is nothing special here. "This isn't just any sword. This is the sword of Scarnose!" After he said his name, you could hear the dismay. "We will keep it as a trophy, to remind us of our future chief!" He looked down at me, with pride in his eyes. People were cheering again. After the sword was hung on the wall, the party continued.

A/N Thank you again for reading this chapter! Please vote and comment, it helps me a lot! Cyall next time!