Wishing Star

I found myself laying on the grassy hill amidst the stars in the night sky, it was so beautiful, I came out here because Nozomi asked me if I wanted to see a comet with her.
Of course I said yes, it was a rare occurrence that I didn't want to miss.
The comet is supposed to go over the Earth just past midnight on February 1st, and it was just gone 11pm on January 1st when we got here.
"So, (Y/N)-Chi, are you gonna make a wish when it come past?"
Nozomi was laying next to me, her jade green eyes shone in the light of the moon, making her look even more beautiful than before, and her purple hair matched with the void surrounding us.
"Maybe, maybe not, what about you?"
She laughed a little and I could tell she was blushing.
"Well, it's tradition, isn't it?"
"I guess so, but either way I'm glad I came to watch it with you."
"That makes me happy to hear, (Y/N)-Chi, I never thought you'd be interested in space but I guess I'm wrong."
She moved her hand onto mine, I didn't try and move it away though, it felt... warm.
"Hey, (Y/N)-Chi?"
"Yes?"
"Would you believe me if I said I loved you right now?"
"No, definitely not."

She moved a little closer to me, and turned her head to face me aswell.
"Well, I'm in love with you (Y/N)-Chi, I just thought I'd tell you."
I all of a sudden turned bright red.
"Huh.. what?! Y-you what?! No, you're joking, right?!"
She just giggled at my embarrassed response and looked back at the sky.
"H-hey! Answer me here! Are you joking or not?!"
"That's for you to find out."
I sighed and smiled at her, she was confusing sometimes.
"It's going to pass over us soon, get ready."
She pointed up at the sky, and into the endless abyss of ebony night.

A green comet flew past us, and I closed my eyes. "I wish... I wish for µ's success." I thought to myself.
"Did you make a wish yet, (Y/N)-Chi?"
"Yeah, I did."
"I can feel the spiritual power of the comet from here."
"Me too, just imagine when the last time people were able to see that! 50,000 years ago, that very same comet was watching over neanderthals, and now it's here today, watching over us two, isn't that cool?"
"Yes, yes it is."
I moved closer to Nozomi and rested my head on her shoulders, boy was I tired. I could feel my eyes slowly close as I went to sleep.

I woke up to feel Nozomi's arms wrapped around me, her face was cute when she was sleeping, I still wonder if she really meant what she said. The night of February 1st is not one I'll forget for ages to come.

--------Authors Note--------

Very short chapter, it takes place between last chapter and the next one. Since there's a comet passing over Earth on February 1st, I thought a Nozomi chapter would be good to make, and I'm happy with how it turned out thanks for reading this short mini chapter and I hope you enjoy the actual comet if you do go out to see it