6. Psychos Together

Lola

I can't believe she snitched me out!

When I left the classroom, I took off like a bullet in case Beatriz followed me out. I still can't believe she ratted me out to the principal of all people. It's hard to believe that someone I thought was my friend would betray me like, even when she knew I had done nothing wrong! Oh that's right, we're not friends. Her words still hurt, had I been the only one who wanted to be friends? I thought Bee was a different girl, but now I see that she's just like Tammy and the others.

I had thought that being in a new school would mean starting from scratch, but it sucked to see that everywhere I go there's always people like them. Tammy, for instance, is a slut. There I said it, she is! The way she walks around the school as if she owns the place is pathetic. Also, the way she practically throws herself at the guys in school, ugh, it sickens me. Does she not have any dignity or love for her self? It's sad, really, to see that she tries so hard to belong in a place where she will have to constantly be proving herself worthy; especially if she wants to be on Memo's good graces.

Ugh, Memo's another story altogether disgusting. He talks to Bee as if he knows best and is the ruler among everyone. What the fuck is his deal? Two days in this school and I have a deep hatred for the guy, or perhaps I hate all men who use women to do their dirty work. One thing I couldn't understand was why did Bee hang out with them? Better yet, why was she in a relationship with that guy? The way he treats people around him, from what Chrissie has told me, I would think his girlfriend would be the first to complain. But I guess no one has the balls to tell him off.

Do they get a cheap thrill by making people around them miserable? She snitched me out! I still couldn't wrap my head around the idea that Bee was a snitch; the guilty look in her eyes when my name was called over the intercom had crushed me more so than her words.

"Yes, can I help you?" I heard someone ask me and I looked up to find myself inside the building already. I hadn't even noticed where I had run off to.

"Ah, I was called to the principal's office," I explained to the lady in the front desk. Where was Charlie, the usual secretary?

The lady gave me a sympathetic smile and pointed to the principal's office, "He's waiting for you," she said and I nodded. Oh well, let's get this over with.

I knocked on the door and waited for the 'come in' from the principal. I opened the door and the principal, a man in his late forties with grayish hair and a goatee, told me to sit down. He was on the phone so I remained quiet, I better show that I do have manners before this thing goes south, I thought and took a seat on the comfy looking chair. The office looked like every principal's office I have ever seen with a desk, computer, comfy chairs, a couch, and a door off to the right side of the room that surely was the 'special' bathroom, tall cabinets that held every student's file, and of course an entire wall showing off the many certificates the principal has received in his life.

"Yes, thank you... goodbye." The principal hang up and looked at me as his hand hovered over the phone. He looked tired but I felt an aura of respect surround him instantly.

"Ms. Draco, do you know why I called you into my office?" The principal took his seat in front of his desk and crossed his arms over his chest. I did the same and shook my head. I wasn't going to say anything until I was sure I wasn't going to make it off the hook.

He opened a folder in front of him and I caught a glimpse of a picture of me, damn it. He had my school record on display and I felt sort of vulnerable. I'll admit I'm not the best student there is, but I do have good grades. Now, when it comes to discipline and good conduct, I'd say I'm not the worst there is. The principal sighed and leaned forward, placing his hands on top of my file.