hug me

I was never going to stop writing this cos I prefer it to stone cold, I am much more into the storyline, don't tell them I mean I write 2300 words for a chapter for theirs and nearly 6000 for this ._. If you have read both pretend you never saw this
...................................................

~previously~

Legolas stared at him "But...I...I do not understand, what has any of this got to do with me?"

"Legolas..." Aragorn paused, sighing "...the bonfire does not just represent anyone, it represents you"
~

Third person PoV:

Legolas stared at him "But...I...I do not understand, what has any of this got to do with me?"

"Legolas..." Aragorn paused, sighing "...the bonfire does not just represent anyone, it represents you"

Legolas's eyes darted up to Aragorn as quickly as a warm knife would liquefy butter, the watery gleam within the waves of his ocean eyes withering as much as an ember striving to taste it's last inhale of oxygen. Legolas felt his jaw relax, his breathing coming in languidly like seagulls hovering above a tranquil sea. Aragorn stared down at him expectantly, his silver eyes blanketed with a a narrow sheen of glittering moisture that reflected Legolas's appearance within the silver hues. Legolas looked as though he had seen a ghost, his eyes were wide, blankly staring, and vacant like a tunnel that carried into his soul, and his lips had faded to a light pink like the first light before sunset.

Legolas's palms began to sweat from where they rested at his sides, his heart beating unnaturally fast within his chest. Over the past months, Legolas had pondered every possibility for the king's actions that came to his mind but this situation had not once crossed his mind. Had he been too engrossed in the negative factors of Aragorn's actions that he had overlooked the potential that Aragorn might have done what he did to benefit himself or someone close to him? Aragorn had merely acted out of defense for his wife whether the threat was indirect or direct. Aragorn at one point had been Legolas's best friend and an individual of great value to his heart, yet not once had Aragorn indicated a form of affection that could be classed as loverly tenderness.

Legolas parted his lips, a light dust of pink forming on his pale cheeks "So you were simply trying to protect Arwen from me?" He questioned, feeling a lump form in his throat. Legolas had imagined the day he found out about why Aragorn had induced him so much misery, in those scenarios he had felt relieved and at peace as if he could finally breathe the free air and not the dusty version that inhabited his lungs. This was far from what he visualized, he felt as if he were drowning, algae-infested water clawing at his throat and staining his insides with its residue. All he could see was blue, all he could taste was blue, he was drowning in it.

Legolas thrust his eyes down, concentrating his eyes on a loose string on the king's robe "You do not love me like that" He denied, scrunching his eyebrows, he heard the king take a sharp intake of breath "If you did, you would have explained the situation and trusted me to leave on my accord..." Legolas declared, his voice rising in anger as tears welled in his eyes "...Why did you have to make me go through all of that?!" He completed, glaring up at Aragorn through tears in his eyes that he tried desperately to blink away.

"Legolas..." Came Aragorn's smooth voice "...You must understand that I had to make sure you would not want to return," He told in a falsely calm tone "I am not the same man I was before the war. My heart has changed directions in ways I cannot explain, all I know is that the bonfire in my heart burns only to warm you on cold winter nights"