River of deceit

Quick question:
What would you like to see more from this story?/suggestions aha
...................................................

~previously~

"Cast these dreams aside, Aragon..." Eowyn said, "...Legolas is no longer an Arwen to you..." She muttered, eyes staring directly into the back of the man's head "...Legolas is miserable now and your wife doesn't even know what she did wrong"

"I no longer see joy in Legolas's eyes" Eowyn said.

~
3rd person PoV:

"I no longer see joy in Legolas's eyes" Eowyn said.

Aragorn's dull eyes cast down to the earth, shifting at the welling of tears that concealed its surface in a pathetic urge to disguise his empty eyes. Right foot tilting from heel to tip as if considering turning around to face the other.

With a gentle sigh, hot breath caressing against his parted lips as he planted his quivering foot firmly on the dusty flooring, littered with straw, Aragorn formulated a response, the echo of his words turning the warm atmosphere hushed and raw "I am willing to return that joy to his eyes, even if it means draining me of my own, I will" He announced softly, the words leaving evidence of frost running from his cold tongue, poisoning the once positive atmosphere with its bitter residue.

Eowyn's stare shifted in contemplation but it did not too long to develop a reply, eyes dimming from the heaviness of her emotions "You are not capable of that kind of affection..." She said, glaring blankly into Aragorn's eyes as they shifted to latch with hers, the amount of guilt radiating from his figure was comparable to plumes of smoke sucking away oxygen from the atmosphere yet she discarded it the same way she discarded the heaps of horse manure in the stables beside her, she scooped it up and used it to fertilise new negative emotions against the man.

"...The way you organise your thoughts is exactly the reason for Legolas's current state..." Eowyn said, watching as Aragorn's eyes, formerly ridden with shame, turned putrid with bitterness, the heavy stench of its unwelcome existence, turning the tears surrounding the exterior of his gaze stale from the abrupt change "...I look in his eyes and I see a thread of sanity keeping him together..." Eowyn spat, stray chunks of hay clinging to the base of her thick boots as she progressed with slow but confident steps towards the man.

Pivoting back around, Aragorn raised his head, rough eyes peering harshly down at the woman between narrow eyelashes and tear-encased eyes. Yet he did not speak, almost as if his lips, chapped and dry from the cold temperature, had been fused shut by the weight of the tension present in the air.

Eowyn, however, did not hesitate to continue, delicate features sharpening with the tone of her bitter words "...And while you try to snap that thread in half with your sharp tongue, I am trying to weave it into a scarf to keep him warm in these harsh conditions" She finished, pale eyes examining Aragorn's complicated expression.

Aragorn's response came in the structure of a more stern scowl, his sharp features established into the shape of a frown one would illustrate when looking at the grave of an enemy, its sour sediment glistening off of him like a log fire in a small cabin, the action so widespread that even the horses became startled, releasing pitiful noises and backing away on their fingernails (:D) . Then, without time to contemplate the situation, Aragorn disconnected his lips and spoke only three words, the rough tone contradicting its short length "How dare you"  He said, eyes narrowing.

Eowyn let out a disbelieving scoff, the forceful exhale visibly dissipating to become one with the cold atmosphere "How dare I?" She recited, reflecting the others words. Slender eyebrows raised and blue-tinged lips parting, affected by the cold "You are the cause for all of this mess..." Eowyn said, eyes glimmering in the dull sunlight that peered through the open stable doors "...Your position as King should, by all means, never disturb the happiness of your friends and loved ones" She finished.