The Mall

"It's my first time in America. I am very excited to see your culture." Kurt says as he is walking with Alexis the next day.

"Well you are not going to see it here. The only thing American about this place is that it used to be British." Scott says as he is sitting on the couch with Jubilee.

"This is Scott and Jubilee. Scott is new here too." Alexis says as Kurt looks at the two.

"And I'm already up for a prison break. What do you say we take this blue guy on a little field trip? I'm sure there's a mall around here somewhere." Scott says.

"What's a mall?" Kurt asks as Scott snickers.

"What's a mall? Alright. Now it's a matter of national pride. Civic duty." Scott says as Jean comes over.

"Scott." Jean says.

"What? You've been cooped up here for a long time. And the Professor is not even home." Scott says.

"I-I like to go to the mall." Kurt says as Alexis looks at him.

"Try it. Alright. Where does he keep his cars?" Scott asks.

*Timeskip*

"I'm just saying The Empire is still the best. It's the most complex, the most sophisticated, and wasn't afraid to have a dark ending." Jubilee say as the group walks out of the movie theater.

"Yeah but come on. If it wasn't for the first one you wouldn't have any of the rest of the movies." Scott says.

"Well at least we can all agree the third one is always the worst." Jean says as Alexis nods in agreement.

"This place is like a temple. I've never seen anything more beautiful.. They don't fear us." Kurt says as he notices people aren't running in panic.

"Hey come on. Let's go have a little fun." Scott says as he gestures to the arcade.

"You guys go on. I'm gonna look around a bit nearby." Alexis says.

"Don't stray far Alexis." Jean says as she looks at Alexis.

"I won't. Besides even when I do you are always able to pin my location anyhow." Alexis says as she walks off. After a little while Alexis soon stops and looks at a beautiful silver teardrop necklace in a jewelry store.

"How come you didn't want to come with us to the game place?" A voice asks revealing to be Kurt.

"The arcade? I'm just not into games like that. I'm more interested in books and arts and crafts." Alexis says.

"It's beautiful. Why don't you get it?" Kurt asks as he looks at the neck before Alexis looks at him.

"I'm just looking. Yeah it's beautiful and I would like to get it I don't got the money otherwise I would. But what reason would I have to wear something flashy like that?" Alexis asks.

"A boyfriend perhaps?" Kurt asks as Alexis blushes at his question.

"Oh no.. no.. I'm not with anyone.. Besides who wants a girl like me?" Alexis asks nervously.

"Well I don't see anything wrong with you. You're beautiful, kind, smart, and very strong willed." Kurt says as Alexis smiles at him softly.

"Thanks for the compliment but not all guys look at me that way. Come on. Jean wants us to meet at the food court." Alexis says as Jean tells her telepathically to meet them at the food court.

*Timeskip*

As the group is eating at their table Kurt soon starts groaning in pain causing the others to look at him.

"Something's wrong." Kurt says worriedly.

"It's called a brain freeze." Scott says.

"What!? I froze my brain!?" Kurt says in alarm.

"Yeah." Scott says as he smiles.

"Scott." Alexis says as Scott looks at her.

"What?" Scott asks as he laughs slightly.

"No no. Kurt brain freeze just means you gave yourself a headache because you drank your drink too fast. It happens with pretty much any cold food or drink when you down it too fast. It'll go away." Alexis says as Kurt looks at her.

"Are you sure?" Kurt asks as Alexis nods.

"Trust me. I am positive." alexis says reassuringly.

*Timeskip*

"Anything I can help you with ma'am?" A woman asks as Alexis is looking in a bookstore with Kurt.

"Oh no thank you. Just looking for the moment." Alexis says as the woman walks off.

"I've never seen so many books and things in one place before like this." Kurt says in amazement.

"Well it is a bookstore but they got other things here too. Take a look around. If you see something you like come find me and I'll get it for you." Alexis says kindly as Kurt looks at her.

"I thought you didn't have much money?" Kurt asks.

"I've got enough to do a little shopping but I didn't have enough for that necklace. Besides I think I just found a new sketchbook which I'm just as happy with." Alexis says as she finds sketchbook and picks it up.

"You really like to draw don't you?" Kurt asks as Alexis nods.

"Yeah. It's one of my hobbies." Alexis says.

"Who's that on that book?" Kurt asks as he points to a book.

"You've never heard of The Secret of Sulphur Springs?" Alexis asks as Kurt picks the book up.

"Not really but it sounds interesting." Kurt says.

"Trust it is. How about this? I'll get the book and we can read it together. Sound good?" Alexis asks as Kurt nods.

"I'd like that." Kurt says as he smiles.

"Come on then. Let's go pay for our stuff and then go find the others." Alexis says as she and Kurt then pay for their stuff and walk out of the store.

"What's that?" Kurt asks as Alexis sees he is looking at a photobooth.

"Oh it's a photobooth. You can take a couple of pictures by yourself or with a friend. They got different kinds of effects and stuff too." Alexis says.

"I've never seen one before." Kurt says as Alexis looks at him.

"How about we take some pictures together?" Alexis asks as Kurt looks at her shocked.

"You'd want to take pictures with me? The only time I've really had my picture taken is when it was for reasons other than voluntary." Kurt says surprised.

"Of course I'd like to take pictures with you." Alexis says kindly.

"You're the first then." Kurt says.

"Well you're also the first who has really ever been excited to be around me and want to be my friend so quickly. I guess we're both getting used to each other." Alexis says.

"I guess so." Kurt says as he smiles.

"Come on. Well take a couple pictures real quick and then go find the others." Alexis says as she gestures for Kurt to follow her.

"Okay." Kurt says as he follows Alexis.