Pink Steven's looped song

No POV

Let me remind you, Steven is still banned from little homeschool, so he didn't have to deal with the stress after his corruption. Steven was spending most of his days in the temple room now, having conversations with a vibrant pink version of himself.

Pink Steven often displayed a small smile near Steven. Steven was like his brother, and he would do anything for him... Even if it meant giving up his soulmate. He frowned at this; he had only just realized what love was. He had loved Y/n and now he couldn't, he had to be there for Steven, who had just given his heart to her. Pink wouldn't admit that half of the smiles he had shown displayed some form of pain.

I was fine with the men
Who would come into her life now and again
I was fine 'cause I knew
That they didn't really matter until you
I was fine when you came
And we fought like it was all some silly game
Over her, who she'd choose
After all those years I never thought I'd lose
It's over, isn't it? Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
It's over, isn't it? Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
You've won and she chose you
And she loved you and she's gone
It's over, isn't it?
Why can't I move on?
War and glory, reinvention
Fusion, freedom, her attention
Out in daylight my potential
Bold, precise, experimental
Who am I now in this world without her?
Petty and dull with the nerve to doubt her
What does it matter? It's already done
Now I've got to be there for her son (daughter)
It's over, isn't it? Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
It's over isn't it? Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
You've won and she chose you
And she loved you and she's gone
It's over, isn't it?
Why can't I move on?
It's over, isn't it?
Why can't I move on?

The song played as a loop in his head, originally from Steven's memories. He had been with Steven when the concert from Pearl had begun.
He was surprised that he could relate to her pain in some way. Pink Steven couldn't move on. He didn't have a permanent physical body, nevertheless, be able to keep a form for more than a day.

'How is it possible I can relate to someone with a different problem?'

He had thought, but it was obvious that they had both had similar problems in a way unexplained.

'Ugh, I hate this!'

His mind shouted endlessly; the music was still repeating.
He grabbed his head, scaring Steven. "Woah, what's wrong?" He asked, touching Pink on the shoulder. Steven felt what Pink was feeling. "So that's how you feel?" Steven asked, completely lost. Pink Steven shrugged, "I guess? Not completely used to human emotions. Just got used to speaking normal sentences." "Oh." "Yeah- You should probably go now; I sense the gems looking for you."

Steven did as told, leaving the room.

"STEVEN QUARTZ UNIVERSE!" Pearl yelled, scolding him. "Cutie pie." Garnet added, along with Amythyst who added Demayo for realistic reasons. Pear rolled her eyes at the two, going back to Steven. "Remember what happened last time you used the room?!" she nearly screamed in his ear.

"Pink Steven." Was the simplified answer. Pear gave him a questioning look, Amythyst shrugged, and Garnet nodded, muttering, "Good reason." and giving a thumbs up.

Steven decided to call Connie - whom he hadn't talked to in a week or two. "Heyy-" he said awkwardly, as soon as she answered. "I thought you were ignoring me; do you even know how worried I was?!" She yelled into the phone. Steven flinched.

"I have made a discovery." He says, full of pride, "I can talk to Pink Steven in my mom's room." Connie lit up saying, "I haven't seen him in a while, and he looked nice! Maybe I should come over?" Steven nodded, thankful that they were on face call.

He heard a knock on the door only seconds later. "How did you get here so fast?" He asks, turning off call. Connie shrugged, saying, "I was near." They brushed it off. "Come on!" He said, taking her hand and leading her into the room. 

Pink Steven was at the door, inside waiting to greet them.

"Hey Connie."

He said with a completely straight face. "What's wrong?" Connie asked and steven replied with a signature, "I'm fine." Steven knew what it meant, and Connie was starting to catch on. "Are you sure?" She asks, looking at the upset, pink, version of Steven. "Yeah."

The song was still ringing in his ears. He groaned, mostly annoyed. "Steven, stop this right now, I know it's you." he says Steven just looked at him. "Stop what?" "You may not realize, but you're trying to get me to open up my feelings by brodcasting a song of your choice into my mind. It's working. Make it stop." Pink Steven seemed weak from the repetitive music.

"I- I can't. Don't know how... Sorry" Was the only reply that could be given. "Of course." Pink was all mopey and wouldn't really join in Steven and Connie's conversations anymore. Pink was just stuck listening to the same song on loop.

"What song?" He asks, trying to lighten the mood slightly. "It's over, isn't it? By Pearl." Steven seemed to understand, "Geez, I'm sorry Pink. I can listen to her songs a couple of times, but repeatedly? I wouldn't have lived long enough." Connie said, and Pink chuckled, but his expression was still blank.

Unfortunately, Steven knew that there was nothing he could do about this.

They talked for a bit, until Connie had to leave. Pink told Steven to get out and do more, possibly call Y/n. Steven didn't want to, but he knew that it was the best way in mending a relationship.

A/N: Oh my gosh. This tool me WEEKS for one stupid chapter. Wow, writer's block... what have you done to me? I just realized how heavily edited this is going to have to be.

Edit: Not really, I'm surprised.