A/N + Bonus chapter

Honestly, I'm having writer's block for the first time in YEARS. I forgot what it felt like.

The last chapter took three days, when I usually post a book in 1-2 weeks making two chapters every 1-3 days. This was odd.

And no, that is not a schedule, I just said that because that is how much I usually write. I read more though, and I don't have lots of spare time. Half of the stories I write get deleted anyway. Don't expect anything.

I'm also running out of pictures to put as drawings in the story AND for the chapter covers. I might have to use the same one twice.

This is just a short bonus chapter. You don't have to read it.

Garnet POV

Time stopped when I saw Y/n jump out of the window.

The possibilities were endless; and I was starting to worry if she would live or not.

She is an emotionally unstable character, and she hadn't had enough time to really develop for the better. I was shaking. I split in two moments later. It wasn't often that this would happen; but Ruby and Saphire were taking a break. They needed breaks. They couldn't be fused ALL the time.

I could hear them talking. I wasn't physically there; but mentally.

(A/n: Ruby is underline and italics, Saphire is underline and bold.)

"Ruby, what are we going to do? The girl's like Steven. She could corrupt herself." "And from what we know, green was more powerful than pink. She had a lot more power issues too." "What if Green does corrupt? She doesn't have anyone to ground her." "What do you mean?" "She's obviously afraid of the crystal gems at the moment. If she corrupts, then she won't have anyone who can try and help her feel better." "Oh. That isn't good."

They talked for a little while, about the situation or not. Sometimes it (for them, anyway) felt nice for them to unfuse and take a good long look at each other.

It's funny how I'm technically shipping myself and myself together.

They fused together fast once they saw that the warp had been activated.

It was Steven.

His cheeks were streaked with tears, and he hadn't used the Dondai. Steven loves driving that Dondai, why did he use the warp? "Steven? What's wrong?" I ask, and he shuffles over to me. All the future paths seemed the same. Steven would sit, talk, then sleep, pushing off anything important.

Since Connie had left for space camp, he had been rather lonely. Usually, he had the gems and Y/n. Now, Y/n was avoiding him, the gems were teaching the new gem school. Steven was constantly running arrands and checking up on the school. What was he doing during those arrands, we would never know.

He sniffles and comes to me. I stand up and give him a hug. "You're okay..." I whisper to him softly, rubbing his back. He was very fragile at the moment, and I was able to convince him to sit down. "I miss Y/n." was all he could have muttered, before he fell asleep in my arms. 

I carried him to his bed and set him down.

He deserves better.
A better life than the one he was given.

Constant pressure from your peers.
People leaving you.
Being A DIAMOND, that was supposed to be shattered.

I would hate being him.
I can't imagine what he has to go through every single day.

The worst part is:

I won't be able to protect him from any of it.