Following days

Your POV

You grew more and more depressed; only feeling happy when you looked at the drawings of pink. You took comfort in them. You would sometimes see him in your dreams, and that made you happy too. It wasn't that often though.

"I miss you."

You split had apart from the crystal gems.
You were alone. No family, no friends. Just you.

You started to skip meals and sleep more. You didn't have a purpose in being awake. It wasn't like you would shatter yourself. Would you? No. 

Green Diamond has the meaning and properties of prosperity for things.
This gemstone is a symbol of abundance and success.
It would bring in love, fortune, and health that its owner wishes.

Or at least, that is what the green diamond books say the meaning is.

it's supposed to open one's heart to wisdom and to love and be good for strengthening relationships — which could make for an interesting, unusual name, particularly with the popularity of so many Em-starting names.

That was what an Emerald was supposed to do.

You looked at your wrists. They had cuts from yourself, and scars from past missions. You missed the crystal gems, but you had to quit. You couldn't risk giving them any pain too. You saw that your gem was scratched in places you didn't know about. 'That's not right.'

You called Steven. Maybe he could heal you. 

He answered.

"Hello? Y/N? Long time no see!" he said, and you chuckled. "I think there is something wrong with my gem, it's throwing me off. Can you take me to the fountain?" you ask, but Steven says, "Why not send me your address? I can just heal you there." "Take me to the fountain." I say forcefully. "Okay, okay! Geez. Thats how you treat friends?"

"I'll be there in twenty minutes." you say, then exit the call, not giving him any time to respond at all. You have to walk because you don't have a car, or any money. you don't eat; you don't need to. You live in a cave. You don't need money. Your stomach did its daily grumble; you hadn't eaten in a month, and it was starting to get angry. You ignored it.

Honestly, you didn't have the heart to move out of beach city, or that far from the beach. You ran the whole way. "STEVEN!" I yell, rapping, on the door, "FOUNTAIN!" He grumbles and opens the door. "What do you even need it for? Can't remember." he grumbles. 

He teleports you to the fountain, and you dip your whole arm in. You start glowing your saturated green once more. You hadn't done it in a while, and you were starting to worry. You sigh. "Still want an explanation." Steven grumbles.

"N-nothing!" you yell, "There was something wrong with my gem!"  "Let me see." All the scars and cuts that you had developed from previous fights went away. Your gem was healed. "Did this happen to both arms?" "Ye-no!" you lie, and he grabs your other arm.

"How long." He speaks. "How long." said another. It was Pink's, and you had to hold back tears. "W-when I left. There was something wrong with my gem. The scrapes and scratches made it have the opposite effect; and that's why I was acting like that. It was from training and fighting." 

You walk back home, but don't notice that he was following you.

You summoned your shovel; and you dug holes to plant seeds along the way. You wanted the forest to grow stronger, this was a better way to do so. You didn't notice that Steven was kissing every pile, making the trees grow for you.

You made it to your cave, which consisted of a cot with blankets, a desk, lots of notebooks full of drawings and pencils/pens, sometimes erasers. Clothing was stored in a wooden box. Steven had found a tiny hole to peek through without being seen. He watched you draw, sleep, and cry yourself to sleep. You could feel his presence, you ignored him, thinking he was an animal.

When there were no presences around you would take your knives and start throwing them. If you cut yourself, you would shrug, and go on with your day like it never happened. That actually happened a lot, because you trained for long and hard hours.

Steven would come hours a day, you didn't know. Once you left, he would break an entry, stealing all your completed books of drawings.

 Once you left, he would break an entry, stealing all your completed books of drawings

Steven POV

Even after we drifted, she still had me as her muse. I guess old habits die hard.

I admit, even though I hated the 'pink steven' side of me, this looked really good. The eyes made me look different, but not in a bad way. I looked a little different. The problem was that I didn't know who the heart drawn was directed at. Her? Connie? Probably her. I searched through the book until I found it on a page with the last drawing.

*/**/** - **/**/** (Whatever date you want it to be)

I realized this was before I 'died'.

She must have had a crush on me before she met Pink Steven. Pink Steven liked her; and she liked him back? She liked my originally, but I was caught up with my thought of Connie? I didn't know.

The drawing on that page was:

In italics near the date it said:

For giving me depression. 

I laughed a little, even though I knew it was a bad thing.

She still cared. I knew it.

I could hear noise, and I set the book back how it was and slipped out before she came in. I jumped high, my light happy feelings making me float, it was unlikely she would find me... What if she did? I dropped to the ground, not with too much force thankfully.

I decided to leave her for the next couple of days. Then... Maybe call her? I don't know. 

~Time skip~

It's been a week since I last spied, and I was getting kinda bored. I know I have little homeschool to take care of; but that doesn't mean that I still have a lot of 'me time': Meaning I go into that cave and search through Y/n's doodles.

'You know, you should stop. She won't like it when you find out.' Pink Steven's voice recommends in my head. I shrug. 'She won't find out.' I hadn't heard him in quite some time; it was nice to hear his voice again. 'Why did you leave.' 'What do YOU think? YOU'RE the boss.' 'Your still mad about that?' 'I'm mad?' There was a pause, 'No S*** sherlock." 'What is a sherlock?' "It's funny how I understand human better than you do sometimes.' 'What's that supposed to mean?'

No reply.

I giggled. Pink Steven was funny.

'That wasn't supposed to be a good thing.'

'Oh.'