Chapter 7: A Rivalry's Conclusion

A gust of wind blows as the crowd prepares to see the first semi-final bout

Two friends, but more importantly rivals begin to make their way to the ring

Gotenchi: You ready to do this Zarra?

Zarra: Yeah I am! I'm ready to win!

Gotenchi: That's the spirit! We'll see who really is stronger!

Omega: Good luck you two. Remember everything you've learned and apply it to your strategy.

Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen! The following fight is a semi-final bout in the Martial Arts World Cup!

Announcer: Introducing first, Zarra!

The crowd was mixed in their reaction to Zarra. His risky maneuvers earned a lot of their respect, but many still didn't see him as a potential victor in this fight.

Announcer: And introducing his opponent. Representing Conton Village, this is Gotenchi!

The crowd cheers loudly, clearly in the corner of Gotenchi. they begin chanting his name as Zarra stands in the ring, getting angrier with every passing moment.

Callio: Good luck Gotenchi!

Gotenchi: Thank you Callio, although I won't need it. I'm here to win!

Gotenchi walks out to the ring while waving at the crowd, stopping opposite of Zarra.

Announcer: Are you both ready?

Both fighters say nothing and just nod at the announcer.

Announcer: Alright then...BEGIN!!!!

Zarra immediately charges at Goten, launching blasts and punches wildly trying to hit Gotenchi. Gotenchi goes on the defensive, countering Zarra's attack and counterattacking when he sees an opening. Zarra eventually gets pushed back with a punch from Gotenchi.

Gotenchi: Bad strategy Zarra. Wild attacks won't beat me!

Zarra: Shut up!

Gotenchi quickly realized how seriously Zarra was taking this fight and reacted accordingly. Powering up to his limit to end this quickly. Zarra does the same and the two clash, moving at a speed only Masters Omega and Gallue can keep up with. Gotenchi manages to fire off a huge ki blast which breaks through Zarra's defense and sends him back toward the edge of the ring.

Gotenchi: So is that all you got Zarra?

Zarra: Shut up Goten! I'm nowhere near my limit yet!

Gotenchi: Good! I'm just getting started as well!

They both continue throwing attacks beginning to push through their limits to new heights until Zarra is kicked into the air by Gotenchi.

Zarra: ...It's time to end this Goten.

Gotenchi: Already? I was starting to have fun.

Gotenchi knew he was bluffing, and he has used as much power as Zarra. He was trying to motivate his friend to keep going for a bit longer as he still had one more trick up his sleeve to win.

Zarra: Bullshit Goten. I know you're also at your end, and I am too so we end this now.

Gotenchi: You're wrong Zarra. I talked to Master Omega after you and everyone else left to train and he gave me something that would maximize the benefits of my training.

Gotenchi throws off the top layer of his gi and powers up, revealing that he had been wearing weighted training gear this whole time.

Zarra: A weighted gi? Of course, you'd find a way to stay ahead of me Gotenchi! It doesn't matter though because I'm ending this here and now.