12

"And we are racing on the Yas Marina Circuite in Abu Dhabi!" Alex Jacques's voice boomed through the radio and speakers for everyone to hear. Though no matter how high the volume was set his erratic words, the exited narrating of the first few corners, was barley audible over the cheering from the crowd and the roaring from the engines.

The feeling over the racetrack was tense, for the gap between the two formula 2 championship contenders consisted only of mere five points. The young rookie driver up against the excellently skilled Brazilian driver Felipe Drugovich made a un expectedly intense championship battle. Neither of the two were picked for season favorites at the start of the year but then again, predictions are only mere words, a fact that both drivers proved by completely dominating the races held over the season.

The Prema signed racer had started on pole but up on contact with the Norwegian driver Dennis Hauger she had slipped down into fourth position. "And oh no looks like we have had contact in turn 3, And it's looks like Hauger has made contact with Vilde's left rear"

The air was thick with the suspense from the crowd, several gasps for breath being heard as the Prema team held their breaths for their two drivers.

"Yes I see some debris on track but both drivers seem to be fine- oh no big lock up for Vilde coming into turn five. Great save there"

Emmy Vilde had sustained damages to her left rear, disrupting the airflow around her car and therefore losing a substantial amount of speed. Though this did not deter the young drivers confidence but rather fueled her need to win.

"I bet the Prema team is holding their breath now as their driver Dennis Hauger is forced to retire his car due to a break failure that seems to be the cause of him crashing into his teammate."

Seeing her teammate drift out of her sight Emmy set her gaze on the back of the Carlin car belonging to Logan Sargent, managing to catch and then hold onto his slipstream for two entire laps, she enters the turn 4-5 Drs detection-zone within drs range and when it was finally enabled she wasted no time overtaking Sargent on the right hand side.

"And she is through and up into third place. In front we have Felipe Drugovich fighting to defend first place against the other rookie Doohan, Doohan has drs and he makes the move! Doohan on the inside trying to pass Drugovich and so he does! He pushes Drugovich off track and Doohan is now leading the race"

Shouts of frustrations could be heard from the Mp Racing motorhome as they filed for investigation towards the rookie driver whom pushed their golden boy off track.

An entire lap passes before the Stewards made their decision.
"And it seems like Drugovich will be getting his first place position back against Doohan since the Stewards deems the overtake illegitimate"

The race continued on and it looked grim for the Swedish star driver as her tires were worn and her team was playing the long game, having started her on medium tires in hopes of a one stop strategy.

When she finally received the memo to pit she does so, despite this meaning her dropping down a minimum two positions.

"And now finally in lap 24 it's time for Vilde to pit."

"Yes it is most definitely time, and in my opinion a way overdue pitstop, she was barley hanging onto those tires."

"Yes I do not quite understand Premas strategy with that one, she will surely lose a good three positions, both Piastri and Pouchaire were breathing down her neck as she entered the pits."