15

I have decided to switch back to writing in past tense- Indecisive yes very much. I will go back and edit the other chapters later, happy reading (:

***
"Heyyy ice maaaaan" my speech was slurred and the shit eating grin covering my face was clearly evident through my voice, something that would surely annoy the grumpy Finn on the other side of the phone.

"Don't " His voice sounded unamused and there was some sort of noice in the background, loud enough to notice but low enough to not identify. I jutted out my bottom lip and took support against the chest of the man next to me as to not fall over, I'm drunk as fuck.

"Who is it" The German next to me leaned in and whisper-yelled, effectively making the whisper-tone useless. I took my hand off his warm fabric covered chest to wave dismissively towards him, an act that made me stumble for balance until he grabbed my forearm to steady me. Though, given his state of intoxication his balance is no better than mine so we both ended up sitting on the asphalt sidewalk as I continued my phone-call.

"Whyyyy" The whine in my voice would usually make me cringe but with my current state it did not phase me in the slightest, Mick however made a gagging gesture and pushed my shoulder, making me fall into a lying down side position from which I did not bother getting up.

"You make it sound not very cool, ruining it" My juvenile pout quickly turned into a frown, though I could hear the slight amusement lacing his words, signaling that he was not as grumpy as I previously thought. Like I've said I did not bother trying to get up since the world was spinning a little too fast for me to keep up, but rather opted to turn around and lay my head in Mickys lap.

"Then why are you calling me if you are going to be all pissy" The attitude in my voice was probably at a level only a drunk teenage girl could manage but I am a drunk teenage girl so I have no shame about it, but rather pointed my potiner finger into the air as if he was standing in front of me- pointing it around and pretending to poke his chest as the German beside me watched me in amusement.

"I need to get your location, turn it back on"
Oh right, I turned that off earlier today when I skipped out on the media work so the team couldn't track me down, I know very mature. It's never easy to lie your way out of doing interviews, however sneaking away from the paddock is much easier. Or well at least for me since most people are too busy with frantically searching for my male opponents to notice me slipping by. Not being too popular of a driver certainly comes with perks.

Seeing as I travel so much alone/ semi alone for work a lot I have had a location sharing app basically since I got my  very first phone. It has never even been used to track me in order to get me out of danger-trouble but rather get me back to whatever work I've tried to skip out on.

"Who is it" He whisper yelled again- only this time loud enough as to where im sure that Kimi could hear him. Since waving him off didn't work last time I put my phone onto my chest and reached my arm up and placed my hand over his mouth, "He who shall not be named" I whisper yelled back while covering the microphone with my other hand. We may or might not have given Kimi the nickname when we were ten and thirteen ( he had not yet turned fourteen) and had watched Harry Potter for the first time together.

"Why do you care where I am, Im in Abu Dhabi you dumbass" I wiggled my finger around in the air once again, giving the utmost attitude I possibly could all while remaining a serious exterior.

I know for a fact that Kimi is in Abu Dhabi as well since he attended my podium ceremony but surprisingly enough passed on attending my party, the reason being him not wanting to leave Minttu alone with the kids in a foreign country.

My dad had also been at the race, though when I did not win he hopped right back onto his private plane and left without a single word other than calling me a pathetic disappointment and telling me that I would not be welcome at my childhood home until I won a race. The reason being he expected me to put all my time into improving and not be such a loser.