15. Caught

Shantivan,

Manorama was walking back to her room, hurriedly, before anyone could notice her presence and didn't see who was in the front. 

"Mami, what happened?" Anjali asked, tensed when she was coming down and bumped into a running Manorama.

Manorama was stupefied and didn't know what excuse to give. She rolled her eyes from left to right and back to left in worry and touched her head, acting as if she is in pain, "Anjali, my head is aching, can you please massage it a little?"

"What's the need to even ask, Mami? Let's go, I'll massage and you can sleep," Anjali offered, worried for the only woman who was always on her side.

Manorama nodded, weak and stumbling on her way — all an act. Anjali helped her to walk to the door of Manorama's room and helped her sit on the bed, ready to massage her head as went up to the dressing table to get the needed oil, adjusting the temperature of the AC so that it doesn't hurt her Mami's head more.

On the other side, Arnav made sure Khushi completed her food and had her medicines without which she wasn't allowed down to the hall.

They made their way toward the hall.

Hall,

Devyani Raizada was informed by JP and right now sitting in front of Ayush Mehrotra and the Guptas, having done with the introduction. All of them were having drinks including Payal who was introduced to Ayush. Payal never saw anyone from her mother — Garima's family relatives. This is the first time she saw someone. Akash had woken up and was freshening up in his room.

When Arnav along with Khushi entered the hall, Garima was the first one to get up and ask, "Khushi Bitiya, how are you?"

"I'm good, Amma!" Khushi smiled, walked up to her mother, and hugged her tightly. Garima caressed her head, smiling at her daughter.

They got out of the embrace only when Khushi heard someone calling her name.

Ayush had imagined a little 8-year-old Khushi looking at a 23-year-old Khushi in Garima's embrace. She had grown up to be a beautiful girl. She had become thin a little. He could only think looking at her lean form. She was a little chubby girl in her childhood. Looking all red and beautiful. Not that she isn't looking beautiful now. She's even more beautiful like the same baby girl when she was born. Her hazel eyes are the same. Twinkling in happiness. Her cheeks were the same too, red and all chubby. He saw the bandage on her head and remembered Garima's words — that she was hit by someone. Just reminding of the words are poking his nerves, raising his temper.

Khushi's reply to Garima had cooled him down and he didn't know when he whispered her name.

Khushi looked at the new face in curiosity. She looked around and found no relative of hers. Is the man in front of her the relative? But she never saw him. Garima followed her gaze and decided to introduce Ayush.

"Khushi, he's your Chacha(uncle). Your father, Karthik Mehrotra's younger brother," Garima said, a little anxious about her reaction, and as she expected, it shocked Khushi.

Khushi never remembered any memories before her kidnap. The faces of every one were just blurred except for her mother and father. And now getting introduced to her Chacha is a shock to her. She didn't even remember she had an uncle.

"Chacha?" she whispered, confused, widening her eyes a little. Her head ached when she tried to remember more. Noticing the change in her stance, a worried Arnav was already beside her, taking her in his arms.

(Uncle?)

"Bitiya, don't try to remember anything! Just relax," Garima caressed her daughter's head, worried for her. Whenever it comes to the forgotten memories she had before she turned nine, she'd become anxious — always but started recovering soon as she grew up She somehow expected the same reaction from her and warned Ayush before taking him to Khushi.