Chapter 3

Daniel and Elena were taking a walk in the park. "So, Daniel, now that your sixteen, what are your plans? Are you going to pursue being a warrior?" Elena asked. Daniel shrugged. "I don't know. Lately, I've been into-" he cut himself off, suddenly smelling the sweet smell of marigolds. "Daniel?" Elena asked as she stared at her cousin. He walked forward slowly, Elena following close behind, thoroughly confused. "What is he doing??" Elena mumbled, suddenly bumping into Daniel. Daniel turned and steadied her. "You ok?" he asked. "I'm ok. But what was all that about??" Daniel smiled and looked forward. "Her." Elena frowned, confused, but looked in the direction he was looking. A pretty teenage girl, about their age, stood their looking at them, mainly at Daniel. "Wait, is she-?" Elena didn't continue her sentence. Daniel nodded and approached the girl slowly. "Hi.." he said softly. "Hello.." the girl said with a shy smile, looking down, putting her hair behind her ear. "I'm Daniel.." "I'm Jamie.." "Jamie...What a pretty name..It suits you well." Elena smiled and rolled her eyes. She cleared her throat, getting their attention. "Oh, yea, sorry...This is my cousin, Elena." Daniel said quickly. Elena smiled and shook Jamie's hand. "Nice to meet you, Jamie." "You as well.." Jamie replied. "Well, I guess I'll go get some ice cream for us. Meanwhile, you two can stay here and talk." Elena replied. Daniel and Jamie nodded. Elena then turned and headed off. 

 *Meanwhile*

 "Where are you going, Jayce? Lunch is ready." Hannah told her son. "Out." he stated, grabbing a pear before walking away. "Son, get back here. That is no way to talk to your mother." Liam declared. "Dad, he already left..." Adilynn sighed. Liam shook his head. Alexander stared after his brother. He didn't like how he was treating his parents. "I'm talking to him about it later. No more waiting." he thought. Hannah was trying to hold back tears, but couldn't. "I-I'll be right back..." she said in a quiet voice before walking away. Liam frowned. "Alexander, can you help me?" he asked. "Of course, dad. With what?" "I need you to take me to your mother." Alexander nodded in understanding as he got up and took his dad's hand. "I'll be back, Addy." Adilynn nodded and stood up. "I'll finish putting the food on the table." she replied. "Thank you, sweetie." Liam smiled. With that, Alexander lead his father into his parents bedroom. "Can you sense her or anything?" he asked. "Yes, she's here.." Liam said. "You can go, son. Thank you." "No problem, dad." Alexander nodded before walking away. Liam knocked on the door. "Hannah? It's Liam. Can I come in?" he called to his wife. All he heard was his mate's crying. It hurt his heart to hear her cry. He opened the door and carefully found his way inside and over to her. He hugged her from behind once he'd found her. "Oh, Liam....I can't stand this! He's our baby boy...But he's so cold to us..." "I know, Hannah...It'll be ok..." "But what if you're wrong?? He's so aggressive and cold! The only people he isn't cold to are his cousins and siblings. Alexander and Adilynn mostly....I've heard them try to talk to him, but it never does any good! I know they're afraid to try again...Especially Alexander...." Hannah said. Liam sighed sadly. "I know....Dad said to give him time....There isn't much we can do....Except punish him when he's in the wrong. Let him know his behavior is not ok. I do have a hope that...that he'll change someday." "I hope you're right, Liam..." 

 Alexander stood outside his parents room. He frowned and shook his head. If there was one thing Alexander, Adilynn, and even Jayce, hated most, was when Liam and Hannah were upset and or crying. Alexander went down the stairs and into the dining room. "Addy," he spoke up, getting his sister's attention. "Is everything ok, Alex?" Adilynn looked at him, a concerned expression on her face. "No. Mom's crying. Both mom and dad are upset. And it's because of Jayce." Adilynn shook her head. "This can't keep going like this. I feel like mom and dad are always upset and it's always over Jayce." "I know. We have to do something. This time, we can't take no for an answer. We need to put our foot down, Addy." "I agree. Tomorrow we can go for a walk together and talk to him. And be firm. But, Alex....Whenever we talk to him, you're always quiet. Are you sure you can do this.." Alexander looked down at his feet. "No, I'm not sure, little sister...But I'm gonna try..." Alexander sat down beside his sister. She looked at him and put her hand on his shoulder. "Alexander, what's bothering you? How come you're always so quiet when it comes to Jayce? Why don't you want to be Alpha...?" "Because I'm human, Adilynn!" he exclaimed before sighing and looking at her. "I'm human. I can't defend myself against anyone, even my own brother. One of the people who I'm not supposed to be afraid of. But I am....I'm afraid of my own brother....People think mom and dad should make you Luna or Jayce Alpha! I heard that when I was born, the doctor, and other people, wanted mom and dad to give me up for adoption!" "Alexander, mom and dad wouldn't choose you for Alpha if you weren't good for it." "Addy, usually it goes to the first born. I'm the first born." "That doesn't mean it has to go to you. There have been some Alphas that are younger than their siblings, yet they became Alpha. Like, Tana's old pack." I nodded slowly. She had a point...But still, how can I lead a pack? How can I be a good Alpha? How can I.....be a good mate?