Villains from the Valley

Her legs took the longest stride ever, if only they were enough to outrun this monster chasing her.As it flew after her, with wings spread over like a dark cloud. How do you outrun your shadow? You can't!

Today, if she fails, Dev might not get a chance anytime sooner. CK had to do this for him.

As she ran away to the top of that valley, which was literally like a hill, she found a small cottage. With all her might she ran to it and found it unlocked. She managed to escape the huge bird chasing her by a fraction of second as she closed the door right before its legs could grab her.

" Who is it?"
She heard a wrinkled voice. An old lady came out of her room, though not scared, even by the huge sound of the sparrow wings and beaks, hitting and banging on her door.

"Who are you?What are you doing?"

" I am... so...huh..huh...sorry,Madame.Please,..ple....please...huh...save me."
CK begged as she caught up her breath.

Those vintage eyes squinted at her and smiled.
She was  4 feet tall.She wore a robe that covered her whole body.Her hair silver in color tied into a bun, eyes jet black, high arched nose and plump dark lips. Her wrinkles added a strange charm to her.

"Lets see"
**************

"Come sit"

The old lady asked her to take a seat.

As CK had barged into the house and she took pity on CK, the  old lady went inside and came out with some powder.
She opened her window and sprinkled it out.

She heard the bird go silent.

The old lady then commanded

"Go away"

CK felt grateful and puzzled about who is this mystery-grandmom, powerful enough to hypnotise the humongous guardian of the valley of goddesses?

"Thank you"

CK said as she took her seat.

The granny scanned her and asked
"CURSED!"
Oh!that scared her a bit.

"Aren't you?" she smirked as she found out.

CK nodded.
"You came into my home uninvited, and asked for help, I gave you my kindness.Now tell me girl, what are you doing here? You owe me an explanation"

She was right.
CK had to oblige.

"I am here on a mission"

"What kind of mission?"Granny was interested.

"I have to find something for a pure soul.I have to help that soul no matter what. Its a debt I am carrying since a century"

"Ah, a cursed and wicked soul, rooting for a pure one? You think I will believe that?"

What?Who is this old lady?
CK could only wonder.

" Before that, Can I know who you are? What are you doing in the valley of goddesses? That too in a house like this? And that powder which you sprinkled on that bird?What was that?"
She had questions for the grandma as well.

"Hmm...I will introduce myself then.
I am Noor,someone who works in the garden of this valley. That bird, you just saw, was not something any ordinary  soul could overcome. He guards the valley and divine lives from evil eyes. Like yours."

"I am not that evil" CK smiled awkwardly.

" What you saw, was me calming the sparrow with enchanted sandalwood powder. Are we good, now?"
The granny glared at her.