HIS-STORY

'You cheaters!'
Micheal banged at the table. Poppy and Dev peeked at each other. Micheal was rightfully angry that both excused him in their previous two missions. They even possessed a human being, decided to be someone's cupid for money and didn't even bother to look for Micheal.
All this while, Micheal was looking for answers that are in the past and solutions to Dev's entanglement with this sinister woman,who didn't keep her word to tell Dev about everything.Poppy and Dev had to invest some time to ensure that Micheal's anger would cool down.

The Angel couldn't wait anymore.He had to have that talk with CK.

'I can't allow this anymore and don't you dare argue with me,CK. You messed up big time.'
Micheal was up for the talk.

'Give me another day.I couldn't find the right timing to make this conversation with him.Not when I am so close to finding a way to bring him out of his coma.'

'DEV.....DEV'
Poppy started yelling.Dev was shivering with his eyes rolled upwards.For others it looked like a trance but Dev found himself in a market.It wasn't a pleasant sight.There were people put up for sale.Both men and women and some of them were getting beaten up.
It looked like a slave market.
People were dressed up in ragged clothes.He walked few steps and found himself among those people who were getting beaten up with a whip.
Blood was oozing from the wounds at his back.He looked pitiful in that ragged thing which looked like an excuse to clothing.
Dev found his heart beating fast. It was scaring him.

'Am I in the past?'

A scary man with big black moustache and big belly raised his whip only to get his head smashed by someone. It was CK.She looked totally different.Her eyes looked bloody and angry.She looked skinnier than she is now.She had a coffee colored cloth draped into a saree.A black thread tied on her neck like a chocker. Her arms were fully visible.They were skinny but muscular and hair tied up into a half bun.It looked like CK was cast in a period drama as a pauper.

She was fighting the bad guys for him.She definetly was natural and fiesty but an amatuer. One of the slave vendor grabbed her hair so tight and yelled
'You slutty slave...how dare you beat our men?'

'Leave her alone'
If only someone could hear Dev.He is a mere spectator..both his soul and his body.

Suddenly there were sounds of furious gallops.Armed men marched in their horses.A man with a bright aura and expensive-looking clothing was leading them there.
'The prince is here'
Dev could see the public panic as the Prince's presence became evident.

Dev saw him with his own eyes.
RAJAT???????
He was the prince whom CK loved?

He came in like thunder. But spoke in a delicate yet manly tone. His gaze was as sharp as you would imagine. He kept gazing at CK as if he saw something unique.He saw her and bought her by paying the highest price without taking his eyes off her.

CK refused to be sold.
'Nobody owns me.I am my own master'
She stood firm on her words.

'Then,I will take him'
The Prince paid for Dev who was exhausted and fragile. Her eyes fluttered with fear.
She obliged to follow the Prince when he bought Dev as well. The Prince was grinning so hard.

Rajat looked like the brightest and righteous Prince characters they write in fiction.It made Dev feel jealous and insecure.
Everything went just the way Poppy described about that damned first meeting of CK and the Prince except Dev was never mentioned in her narration.

But how did Dev fit into CK's story?Why was he there looking all weak like a loser?Did they knew each other?
What was happening?

Dev was pulled out of his trance before he could finish it.