Once Upon A Time-1

'I want her dead'

Woah....CK was surprised with what her next project demanded.

Vivek was a 28 year old man who had been married for two years.Just like anyother day,he went to work,came back home,his wife fed him a kheer and BOOOOMMMM......Next morning he was found dead,which, was written off as a suicide out of depression by the police.Vivek refused to leave to heaven or hell...whatever was waiting for him.

'She killed me....that coldhearted bitch...You should never trust a woman.It was my life's biggest mistake to fall in love.I wanted a life with her....Look what she gave me..'
Vivek wanted revenge.

'l agree with the part that women can be coldhearted'
Dev nodded along.He was just there for time-pass.There was nothing to do in his hospital room while,here atleast she and Poppy could hear him.He get to eat from CK's special grocery that she buys from afterlife.If he is to stay in his room,he will be relishing on his own loneliness and fear.So he came to CK's apartment uninvited and declared himself as her assistant.Dev was liking it there.Here he was himself.He did not have to be the dutiful son or loser brother.He was just Dev.Eventhough they had a deal,CK was still reluctant to get him involved in her matters.She just let him be the way he was.

'I can make her confess...She shall receive her punishment and you shall leave peacefully!'
CK made an alternate plan.

'Confession..my foot!She is a cunning witch...She will rather die than go to jail.I want her dead.If you can't,then i WILL'Vivek was serious.

'You won't.I am not letting you become an evil spirit.Plus,you can't interfere in human business anymore.'
CK tried to bring him face his current situation.

'I don't care If I am going to be an evil spirit.At least,I will be getting justice.Is your feminism stopping you?Like do you only work for women or something?'
That stubborn soul was now accusing her of sexism.

'I will see what I can do.Give me three days. I will need permission from above to proceed with this case'
CK asked more time.

'Do I have that much time?Can I stay back 3 days?I don't need this bitch then.Let me do it myself!How hard it could be?You are a coward.'
Vivek said.

'Dude,stop getting ahead of yourself.And watch your mouth...I am not gonna help you If you can't RESPECT me'She grinned her teeth and said'You are asking for a murder.How will that make you any different from her?'She paused,raised her eyebrow and said'You talk to me in that tone one more time and you will die twice'.His guardian angel didn't stop her either.
She sent him back and decided to get some work done.

***********
'I am not for murder.But I do think that you should take revenge for him.He did call you a bitch but that could be out of prejudice,right?I mean he was also murdered by a woman like you..so...'
Dev tried to reason for Vivek.According to Dev,Vivek genuinely looked sad and shabby.His eyes teared up when he talked about his wife.Also the afterlife-committee confirmed that Vivek was killed by his wife only.She made him buy rat poison to kill the rats but the rats weren't fed.There were CCTV evidence of Vivek buying the poison himself.The police did not bother much about his death either.He had to die too soon unfairly and that anger and her betrayal was getting the best of Vivek's soul.

But there was one thing that the afterlife committee mentioned in their report about Vivek situation.
They said CK need to make her own choice regarding this.Vivek was one of the 19 souls that CK need to earn forgivance from.If she wasted this, she will have to wait another lifetime of this man.But she can't kill someone for that,again.
But afterlife did not seem much fond of Vivek either.

'I don't know,CK.I found him a bit creepy,to be honest.'Poppy said

Well...Poppy read CK's mind then.
His eyes were soulless and scary.He genuinely had no respect for them.He was very,very vengeful...but certainly not the most vengeful spirit she had encountered.

She smiled and said
'Its strange how we both met the same man,heard the same story but have different opinions,right?Its true that our perception is what is going to shape us.I found him a bit vengeful and dangerous...But Dev thought he was tortured or I don't know,mmmm....whats the word...'

'In Despair....disappointed or dejected?'Dev tried to complete her words.

'Well,since we have opposite opinions,but one thing we know for sure is that he was murdered.So lets go and check the suspects and crime scene'CK was dying to do some detective work ever since she binge watched few episodes of CID.
Since Dev had nothing better to do he decided to tag along.

***************
Vivek lived in a 2BHK flat.His wife Radha was a school teacher,who was five months pregnant.
Why would a pregnant woman kill her own husband?After Vivek died,Radha's mother came to live with her.At one glance,no one can guess that this woman is a murderer.It has been a week since Vivek's death..Radha did the chores,went to temple and then work and straight back to home.

'She doesn't look pregnant but malnourished.'
Dev said while spying on her.
'Thats it?Thats all you see?'Asked CK who was wearing a saree.She had to be in disguise to trick this woman.Her upperlimb was fully covered to mask her wounds.

'I know I shouldn't say this knowing that she killed her husband,but I feel bad for her.I don't know...She looks to sad.Doesn't look like a coldhearted murderer to me.'Poppy said
'Well,looks can be deceiving.Just look at me.Do I look like a mass murderer?But I was one.'
CK corrected her.
'Anyways,let me butt in.Wish me luck and donot talk to me once I reveal myself to humans.They will be seeing only me.Its wierd to talk to air.I don't want to be seen insane.'
The gang was ready to pull off a Sherlock.

CK had a ring which was a gift from afterlife for completing a special task for them.That task was to catch the most vengeful spirit of all time.Once she wore that ring,humans can't see her.It was her invisibility trick.It was a gold ring with ruby stone embedded on it.Plain and simple.But they shined in her hand.

She took of the ring and rang the bell of Radha's house.
A very tired Radha opened the door.She hadn't been back home for long from work.CK introduced herself as a college friend of Vivek who came to express her condolence.

Ck noticed the bruises in her hand,a broken tv and a damaged hockey stick there.
The eye bags under Radha's eyes were huge.
Dev and Poppy walked around the house while CK consoled Radha.
Radha didn't cry but talked a lot about Vivek to CK.She was curious about Vivek and the way he was in college.
She wanted to know if he was a kind man.If he had a girlfriend...If he was kind to his girlfriend...whether there was any signs of violence in his college life.CK had read the social media profile of Vivek.He looked normal in everyway.Just an average guy.

'Are you okay?'CK asked that woman.
'I should be'Radha sighed and said
'Now that he is gone,I should be okay.I will never let our baby feel fatherless...I will raise this child with lots of love'Radha smiled as she rubbed her tummy.

**************
CK came out angrier.
'Do you have anything in mind avout how to deal with this woman?'Dev asked.

'Woman?No.
But I am going to deal with that lying son of a bitch'
She stomped into her apartment with Poppy and Dev.
To her surprise Vivek's guardian angel was there.
'You liarr'CK yelled at him.
'I am sorry...I accept your anger...but there is a bigger mess'Angel replied
'What?'
The gang was curious.
'Vivek ran away...I got a report that an evil soul we failed to catch lured him...Please..help?'

What exactly was his story?What was it that CK found out to make her angry?Curiosity was slowly sliding into Dev's mind.