Why would he??

'So you came'Poppy smirked when Dev and  Micheal rang the bell at CK's apartment next day.

'Well,because she begged me'
Dev smirked back.

'Such an original joke'Poppy snapped as she opened the door and let them in.

'Well...i must say that i am kind of grateful...Few of her wounds healed.'

Poppy said while serving them some chai.

Dev smiled at her and eagerly ran his eyes around.

'She isn't up yet..She had a long day.That guy confessed.Fear of the unseen and unknown has always made humans humble.The spirits she were helping departed to afterlife yesterday.We got to help 20 more of souls now to end our suffering.'

'Free to die...cheers to that!'
Micheal made an awkward joke.

'Its not that we need to help 20more souls..Its their forgivance that matters'
Poppy continued.
'Isn't it the same thing?'
Dev asked her.

'Oh no boy!Just think yourself.Its been a long time that she has been cursed.You think she wouldn't have met them all by now?one way or other?'

'she did?'

'Of course...they refused to forgive her.In fact noone forgave her initially
.It took many lives for some of them to eventually forgive her'

'No way...why??She did terrible,i agree...but if she is doing her bit for forgivance why won't they forgive her?'Dev didn't get the math.

'Will you forgive your uncle if you knew that he might have caused your parent's death?Sure...he did raise you as atonement but still he is the reason that you became an orphan.So will you forgive him if he ask nicely?'Poppy asked without thinking much.

'Wait...what did you say?..My Uncle is the nicest man I know...he will nev..why would you say that?'
Dev got up.

'POPPY'Micheal and half awake CK yelled together.

'uh..oh'Poppy knew she was up for trouble

'Is she telling the truth??What does she mean by that?Answer me...huh..???'
Dev was stunned.He could hear his heartbeat go crazy.It was as if they were racing.An impending feeling of eternal doom caught upto Dev.He started getting even more hot...like literal fire.Soon he found himself become tachypnoeic.

'Sit..Sit...Dev....Sit down'CK grabbed him by arm and let him sit on the sofa.
She even took out a magazine and fanned him.'Breathe Dev...slowly..try to breathe...'She tried to calm him.

Micheal couldn't help but swear at Poppy with his eyes.Poppy didn't fancy a sight of that,so she thought it would be safe to sneak out.Just when she was about to leave but Dev got a hold of her and demanded
'You are not leaving till you tell me all that you know.'

'Well...He is not a bad guy originally...'Poppy said that in awkward tone.

'Enough...You'CK grabbed Dev by one collar and said 'Come with me.'

             *******************

Why would she say that?What are they hiding from me?Was my whole life a joke?
Dev had questions but he couldn't speak much.Its as if everything got muffled.He was breathing faster but was feeling suffocated.

CK handed him a lemonade and made him sit down in a sand colored sofa in her cozy dark room and asked
'You okay?'

'What do you think?'Dev looked her up.She sat on a chair across the sofa.

'Since its no point hiding from you I shall just say it all.'CK nodded.

'So....um....I...uh...I migh..'