sixteen.

_____ 🌊 _____

or•ph•ic
adjective
mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding

_____ 🌊 _____

THE SILENCE between Elyä and Neteyam slowly becoming awkward the comfort leaving the two, "so..." He started glancing at the girl, the one he's always loved. All the memories flashing through his head, Neteyam doesn't know if she loves him but he would give everything up just for one kiss from her, he ached to feel her soft lips on his lips, letting the world and war fade away from them.

"Nete! You gonna finish what you were gonna say?" Lyä asked with a childish grin.

"Yeah, sorry," The taller boy smiled sheepishly looking down at her in the water, "so are we gonna talk about what nearly happened?" Nete questioned glancing at her.

"Nope," she said fast looking away from the boy, the cove slowly becoming warmer.

"Fine." He muttered looking at his blue hands, the freckles lighting in the darkish cove before wrapping them around hers, "I'm always gonna be here," Neteyam whispered silently getting closer to Elyä.

"I hope," she chuckled his breath tickling her cheek, "Nete, we shouldn't a war is happening." Tears prickled at Elyä's eyes, the urge to kiss him right then and there was fighting inside of her. She shouldn't, she can't.

"Hey, what you thinking about Lyä?" He mumbled his lips ghosting over hers, "nothing." Her thoughts disappearing in a millisecond.

"Can I kiss you?" Neteyam asked cupping her cheeks in his big hands, his thumb lovingly moving along her jaw, "please kiss me," Elyä begged waiting for this for years. All of her dreams were finally being fulfilled.

She gripped the back of his neck crashing their lips together, it's like the world has finally stopped spinning.

Everything was perfect, war flashed through her mind as she kissed his salty lips, the smell of forest filling her lungs and mind, he is her home and always will be.

The feeling of Elyä's harsh lips on his lips brought comfort, like the fighting for their love and survival from the world around them was all worth it.

She ran her fingers through his long braids, the beads jingling together. Neteyam broke the kiss his lungs filling up with air, "holy shit," he mumbled his eyes wide. "More then holy shit, I've been waiting years for that," Elyä said honestly.

Nete chuckled leaning his forehead on hers, breathing in the air finally getting what they both ached for.

The universe gives and takes, sometimes you get what you pray for. You have to hope you don't end up with nothing in the end, even if you beg.

THE TWO quickly left the cove nearly forgetting a war was brewing between everyone, it was like a ticking time bomb, no one will ever know how it will start or end

THE TWO quickly left the cove nearly forgetting a war was brewing between everyone, it was like a ticking time bomb, no one will ever know how it will start or end. The duo hopped onto his Ilu, her arms easily going his small waist. "Are you ready to do this?" Their plan on how they would act at the sight of anything bad happening to one another, "I was born ready Nete."

"Whatever you say, sxkwang," He chuckled lowly as they slowly went under water going to find Lo'ak and the rest of them, having lost a sense of time.

"Are they gonna be okay?" El asked, knowing it was a dumb question noticing Lo'ak, Tuk, and Tsireya tied up on the ship, "Only the two best warriors can solve this problem." He grinned at his girl, "well let's go then Sully!"

Neteyam laughed at her commanding tone before racing under the clear water, bodies floating above the surface.

Blood covering the surface, it followed them like haunting memories you try to run away from.

Elyä closed her eyes trying to rid her mind of the image, no tears, not this time. She was a warrior, future Tshaìk or well was until the sky people came back, they could never leave them. Fucking greedy assholes, El thought getting closer and closer to the battlefield.

She noticed the gun to Lo'aks head as they got closer, this was not ever meant to happen.

it shouldn't ever happen.

it can't happen.

Lo'ak can't die. Not her best friend. Not after everything.

Teyam glanced at the Ateyitan, noticing fear clouding her eyes, searing into her veins, painting her portrait of broken dreams.

They have to save their family, she might not be of blood but she cares whether or not she dies for them. Elyä will do it in a heartbeat.

She jumped off the Ilu before Neteyam did going to sneak inside the ship. The sight of Payakan breaking out of glass water, the world slowing down, water falling back into place.

Lyä felt the ship shaking from his big body going to save Lo'ak.

this is war.

ESME'S CORNER! finally another chapter out! so sorry for taking forever i've been in a slump trying to figure out how i was gonna write this chapter

ESME'S CORNER!
finally another chapter out! so sorry for taking forever i've been in a slump trying to figure out how i was gonna write this chapter. But we are nearing the end which i can't believe but elyä and neteyam finally kissed!!!!!!! celebrating fr i kinda hate this chapter but it's so hard to write kissing chapters. I love you all thank you for 13K views and nearly 800 votes all are very appreciated and amazing. Thank you all so so much <3333

word count: 883 words