one.

_____ 🌊 _____

yon • der • ly
adjective
anxious; absent-minded; vacant

_____ 🌊 _____

GRIEF, it's the one thing people dread as it follows you around for your days until you finally pass that's what it is like for Elyä, she was born with death in her blood having lost her father Tsu'tey months before she was born it was destined she was born to be a great warrior that brought death but also experienced it.

The feeling of floating as she ride on her Ikran, she was only ten yet experienced so much sorrow, "Elyä wait up!" Neteyam yelled trying to follow after her, "you are to slow skxawng!" Elyä laughed not knowing her mother was slowly getting ill.

"I am not slow!" He laughed chasing up to her on his Ikran the sun bouncing off the twos blue skin, Elyä's raven hair whipped around her as she chuckled before landing back home.

"I'll race you!" She laughed running around to the group where both of their parents were along with Neteyam's younger siblings the sound of fire crackling into their ears, "I win!" Elyä laughed before stopping in front of her mom grinning brightly.

The young girl noticed the tired and broken look in her moms eyes, "you okay mom?" Elyä stopped in front of her mom.

Her mom who was usually bright, strong, and mighty looked pale and sickly her usual blue color turned to a lighter blue she just looked different, it confused Elyä, "I'm okay Ely," A'kaya smiled to her daughter before coughing lightly. "You sure mom?" She asked concerned filling her dark eyes not wanting to lose another parent.

Jake and Neytiri looked away from their children to see a confused Neteyam walking over to them, "I think A'kaya is sick," he told them concerned for his best friend's mom who technically partly raised him.

Neytiri stood up running quickly to her best friend concerned etched onto her beautiful features, "A'kaya are you okay?" Both mother and daughter looked up at Neytiri not expecting her, "of course why would I not?" She lied as the sickness continued to spread through her whole body just like the grief did when he was gone.

It was all a lie, yet the grief was still there buried deep.

She knew, they all knew but death still hurts even when you try to bury it, nothing stays dead it always comes back.

THE SORROW took over the clan as they buried A'kaya tears dripped down Elyä's cheeks Jake held her tightly, "why did she have to leave me?" The eleven year old sobbed she thought she had longer with her mother even if it was just one more year, Ne...

THE SORROW took over the clan as they buried A'kaya tears dripped down Elyä's cheeks Jake held her tightly, "why did she have to leave me?" The eleven year old sobbed she thought she had longer with her mother even if it was just one more year, Neteyam glanced at his best friend tears gathering at his eyes, the young girl clinged to Jake like her lifeline, "why did she leave?" She continued to ask repeatedly trying to hold in the sob.

Jake rubbed her arms as Neteyam glanced at the raven haired na'vi, "El, we would never leave you," he mumbled as she glanced at him, "you promise?" She asked Neteyam the boy grinning trying to make her happy.

"I promise from the moon to the stars," the sully boy grinned interlocking pinkies, "your mom is with eywa now she will keep her protected." Neteyam told Elyä, she nodded as Jake and Neytiri looked at the two the dark blue girl walked over to him finding comfort in his arms, the one place she felt at home.

That was four years ago, the deaths still rattle her mind Elyä flew around on her navy blue Ikran, little white dots and bits of purple swirling around her body.

She let the sun beat down on her just like that day when she found out her mom was sick, no healer could help her, no one.

"Elyä! We need to head back!" Neteyam yelled growing from the little boy she found comfort in, in the darkest times to an amazing warrior who is just as selfless as he was before.

"Oh just one more time pretty boy before your father forces me to help the wounded and you leave tomorrow!" She smiled circling the boy taunting him the same childish grin Elyä had all those years ago, "I'll beat you around those mountains."

Neteyam stared at her the light blue skin and dark strips that bounced off the sun making her sparkle, her dark unbraided hair in little waves whipped around in the light breeze, "fine I'll win though."

"You could try!" She laughed racing to the one mountain she pointed to earlier the strain on her body as Neteyam was just a bit ahead of her, "Eutalli faster," she whispered pushing the Ikran a bit ahead of Toruk Makto now behind her.

"I won!" She gloated taking in the victory as the boy scoffed having lost again to her, Elyä jumped off her Ikran laughing on the floating mountain it's rocky terrain comforting. "oh Nete you sad you lost again?"

Neteyam scoffed when Jake called him, "where are you two it's nearly eclipse," he held his necklace and glancing at her, "we'll be there soon sir," Neteyam said nodding to Elyä on her lost look hinting about his father, she nodded back understanding preparing to leave.

"Well are you joining me skxwang?" The beautiful girl asked ready to leave him behind, "I'll race you back?" He asked grinning jumping back onto Ikran racing off leaving the shocked girl, "asshole!" Elyä laughed heading back home, the home with the sully's, her new home in a way.

That was her last normal night before everything changed, why does war follow when you beg for mercy? Leaving only you and your dead vacant mind.

ESME'S CORNER! why do i honestly kinda love this chapter, this was kinda just a glimpse into Elyä and how she kinda coped with the lose of her mom with a fake smile and just a small basic chapter we are getting into the movie plot in the next coup...

ESME'S CORNER!
why do i honestly kinda love this chapter, this was kinda just a glimpse into Elyä and how she kinda coped with the lose of her mom with a fake smile and just a small basic chapter we are getting into the movie plot in the next couple chapters! So I'm so excited to be writing this ngl.

I love you all so so much and I'm so grateful for you all for coming onto this journey of Pandora and reading this <3333 I hope you all enjoy!

Word count: 1,027 words