15

-Third Person-

FLASHBACK

"Ma'am Lea, there are numerous incoming calls and emails from different media outlets." Panic and worry are evident in her secretary's eyes.

"Still about the crash, right?"

"Yes po."

"Tell them that we'll release our statement once we're settled with everything."

Hanna nodded and went back to her place to answer everyone's messages and calls.

After that, Lea thought that she'll have peace of mind but then...

"Ma'am, Mr. Santos is calling an emergency meeting with you."

"Ma'am, our sales are dropping!"

"Ma'am, there are several customers who are canceling their bookings."

She massaged her temple and breathed as deeply as she can. Still, everyone is busy telling their concerns and she can't handle it anymore.

"EVERYONE, WILL YOU ALL PLEASE CALM DOWN?" Like magic, everyone zipped their mouths and stared at their boss.

Lea tightly closed her eyes and sighed for the nth time. "That's better, guys! Thank you! Now, can you please tell me your concern one by one and please call the boards to help me with these things. Thank you, again."

After entertaining their concerns, she went back to her office to have a little bit of rest. She's done with the day. All her tasks were already accomplished including the appointment of the new board members. Yes, Vien was one of the few people who got lucky.

Just a few moments later, three knocks were heard.

"Come in!" She saw Hanna enter her office. "Right! Can you please call Zion? Tell him to go with me sa hospital. I can't drive anymore. "

"Ma'am..." Hanna sweetly called her. Lea hummed as a response while busy organizing her stuffs. "I am very concerned lang po. Wala na po kayong pahinga these past few days tapos tinanggal niyo pa po yung driver niyo. I know you can drive po pero yung pagod po."

She caught Lea's attention, and the latter just chuckled. "Ayan na nga oh? I'm asking you to get Zion so he can drive me there." She went back to organizing her stuff.

"Ma'am you know that this is not what I am talking about po."

Lea looked at her again and sighed."You know, after the crash, I had a fear that everything that is out of my hand will turn really bad. At least, if I meet an accident, I will only blame myself and not the driver." She fakely smiled at her secretary.

Hanna understood what she meant. She cannot really blame her boss because that accident took a lot of special someone from her and she's just avoiding the risk again, for her husband and for her daughter.

On the way to the hospital, she unconsciously took a nap. She was awakened by the gentle tap of Zion on her shoulders.

"Ma'am, nandito na po tayo."

"Oh, right! Thank you, Zion. Are you going to wait here ba or are you going inside with me?"

"Samahan ko na po kayo, madam para pag may kailangan po kayo e masabi niyo rin po agad sa akin."

The real reason why he decided to go with her is that he has a feeling that anytime soon, his boss will collapse. She is really pale at the moment and she seems to be not feeling well.

"Alright, let's go!" 

Few steps into the parking lot and she lost her balance. Zion caught her in an instant.