10

-Third Person-

Today, Lea and her daughter, Mace decided to go to the mall as a form of mother-and-daughter bonding. They rarely do this because Lea's so protective of her daughter. As a very mature and very intelligent child compared to her age, her daughter understands the situation well. In addition to the long list of reasons, the kid doesn't like to go out that much now because of what happened to her family members but today's an exemption.

Lea's kid tugged her shirt multiple times to get her attention. "Mommy, can we please check out Fully Booked?"

"Of course, babe! Shall we go?"

Mace smiled widely and nodded upon hearing her response. Lea held her daughter's hand and went to the shop along with her Yaya and dog.

When they arrived, Lea gave her Ate Bing the instructions. "Ate Bing, can you please hold Phoebe muna and stay here? I'll just make this quick."

"Opo naman, madam." She held the leash tighter and moved to the side.

Lea entered the store alongside her daughter. "Make sure to pick everything you want na, ha? We might take a long time again before we come back here."

Her daughter looked at her in confusion. "Why, mommy? They have online shops naman po, ah?"

"Right!" Lea answered in her mind while scratching her head. Why didn't she think of that? "Ah, anak, it's better kasi sometimes to touch and feel the book before reading or ordering them? It's giving off some vibes, for me lang naman."

"You're right, mommy!" Mace laughs which made Lea laughed nervously. Finally, nakalusot na rin siya sa anak niya.

Lea was just following her little one who is touching and feeling the books, following what she said. And after almost half an hour, she picked up more than 10 books.

"Are you good with all of these na?" Lea asked her daughter whose eyes are still wandering around the store.

She cutely pouted and put her little hand into her chin. She's thinking. "I think so."

"Alright! Let me just check this, ha? Baka kasi you accidentally put some adult books in here." Lea checked the book on-by-one.

"I made sure that I didn't put even 1 adult book there, mommy but you can still double-check."

"You're right! There's none! Let's take this to the cashier na."

"Mommy, can I please go to Ate Bing na? I want to play with Phoebe."

"Sure. Tell her na rin na I'm almost done with here and then we can eat." She nodded and tried reaching her mommy's cheeks to kiss them. Lea bends forward.

"I'll go na, mommy! I love you!"

"Love you too, babe. Be careful please." Her daughter laughed at her because of her mommy's too much protectiveness towards her.

There were no more than 3 people in line so Lea was able to pay quickly. When she turned around, still checking the receipt, her crying daughter welcomed her.

Lea was quick enough to let go of the bags she was holding then she knelt down to match the height of her daughter. "What happened?"

Mace wasn't able to answer her and the next thing that happened is that Ate Bing is running towards them, too. "Madam, nawawala po si Phoebe. Nag-cr lang po ako saglit kaso po nawala na po paglabas ko."

"Oh, God! Alright, here's what we need to do. We'll split into two groups, so we can find her faster. Inform me right away if you found her and if we can't, I'll go to the management. Anak, go with me."