Zoey, Sick, and Discovered Feelings

Drew's eyelids fluttered open to Derek shaking him. He stared up at his brother smiled. "Sorry to wake you, but Zoey's here." He said and Drew nodded, tapping Fiona's back. "Hmm?" She murmured sleepily and the two boys smiled. "Mommy's here." Drew said to her, and Fiona shot up, all grogginess forgotten.

"Mommy?" She asked and Derek smiled. "Yep, I'm sure you wanna see her." He said and Fiona runs out the door and down the stairs, Drew sighing into his pillow, not willing himself to move. "You have to talk to her. You can't avoid her forever, you know." Derek smiled and Drew sighed. "I don't want to." Drew murmured and Derek shook him. "Come on, you have to stay up." He chuckled as Drew finally found the strength to sit up. "Fine." He grumbled and slipped out of bed, walking to see Zoey, leaning against the railing of the stairs. Drew's heart surprisingly didn't skip a beat or beat too fast. It was strange to him. What was going on? Knowing he's healing from that relationship; shouldn't that be good? Why did it make him feel so sad?

"Drew, we need to talk." She said and he frowned. "We have." Drew said and Zoey grabbed his arm. "Don't be difficult." She demanded and dragged him outside.

"Drew, I'm pregnant." She said and he felt the dread sinking in. "I don't know whose it is." She admitted and he felt like puking. "Mine, or Rob's?" Drew asked. "Yeah, I don't know. I found out I was pregnant on vacation." She said and Drew sighed. "We have barely seen each other, even before we broke up. I don't really think it could be mine. It's been almost a year since we last-." Drew sighed. "Yeah, you're right. I just figured you should hear it from me and not Fiona." She told him and it took Drew all his might to not storm back inside. He was extremely nauseous, and he could feel his face paling as the news sank in more.

Why? He had no idea, but he gagged and ended up throwing up in the grass. "Drew." Zoey said softly and he sighed. "I-I'm fine." He said, through gasps and tear-stained eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't expect this reaction." She said and Drew sighed. "Whatever, I'm going in." He said and stumbled through the door. "Drew, you're swaying." Derek said, grabbing Drew's shoulders. "I know." He said and Fiona waved, walking out to be with Zoey.

Derek sat Drew down on the couch. Drew laid there; eyes fluttering shut as the nausea overwhelmed him. "Are you okay?" Derek asked and Drew sighed. "Not really." He murmured in pain. "What happened? You were just fine a few minutes ago." Derek asked and Drew sighed again. "Zoey's pregnant. And she doesn't know whose baby it is." He said and Derek frowned. "Ugh." He grumbled.

"Just rest here, Drew. That makes you feel sick, doesn't it?" Derek said and Drew nodded. "It hurts." He replied. Derek smiled. "I'll get it all figured out. Don't worry, just try to sleep, okay?" Drew's consciousness was fading as he thought about what Derek meant.

Jake hummed whilst staring at himself in the mirror. He grinned and said, "Looking good, Sterling." And did finger guns at the mirror.

He was walking into his bedroom when he got a text. With a towel around his neck, he glances at the tedt and smiles. Derek was telling him to come over and that Drew was sick and needed nurturing.

"I'll be the best boyfriend- I mean, caretaker Drew's ever had. Wait, why did I just say boyfriend?" Jake murmured and laughed nervously. "This is great! I can make it up to him for sure." He cheered. 

Jake drove over to Drew's house and smiled. He was nervous but that wouldn't stop him. He turned the knob and looked into the living room, where Drew laid, sleeping. He was sweaty and pale. Jake frowned. Derek was right, Drew looked miserable! He was curled into a ball, the AC cranked up to cool him down. He was wheezing a bit in his sleep. "Drew, wake up." Jake said and Drew groaned. "Come on, wake up." Jake repeated, poking Drew's warm face. Drew pushed the hand away and stared at him. "What?" He asked and Jake smiled. "Jake?" Drew asked and the other boy smiled warmly. "How'd you get this sick? You were fine yesterday." Jake said and Drew sighed.

"It's just Zoey. She's pregnant and it might but might not be my kid." Jake's eyes narrowed in frustration. "That bitch." He said and Drew laughed, face even redder, looking up at Jake with tired, hazy eyes. He hugged Jake all of a sudden, stunning Jake and making his face go red. "Drew, what are you doing?" Jake asked and blushed, he'd nearly stammered that out. His heart was not calming down anytime soon, that's for sure. It was beating so fast, and Drew was delirious. He didn't know what he was doing. "Jake, I missed you." Drew huffed and Jake smiled. "Well, that's nice, please go to sleep, Drew. You're delirious." Drew hugged him and grinned. "No, I'm not." He said and Jake pats his head. "Yes, you really are." Jake chuckled. Drew was so cute Jake had to laugh. But he was still blushing, and his heart was beating so fast. It was out of control. He knew that Drew normally got delirious when he was sick, but he'd never guessed it'd be like this. "Drew, shut your eyes." Jake said, grinning and Drew protests groggily, all complaints forgotten as Jake pushed him on the pillow, and Drew pulled the blanket over himself, already half asleep. "Finally." he uttered, and Derek smirked. "Thanks for coming over, Drew seemed to enjoy himself." he said, and Jake blushed. 

"Well, I'm glad he did. I was off today anyways because of Luke and Zander's anniversary." Jake said. "Hmm." Derek hummed in response and Jake smiled. "Drew seems happy here. I think it'd good that he is done with Zoey." he said, and Derek sighed. "He was doing so well and then she announced her pregnancy. That self-centered jerk deserves all the pain in the world." Derek said and Jake nodded. "This was low, even for Zoey." 

"We just need to be there for Drew. He's suffering and the stress made him really sick." Derek sighs and Jake nodded. "Yeah, it's horrible. Zoey's harsh but this? That's just downright evil." Jake whispered. "You haven't been the nicest either, Jake. You need to tell Drew when something is going on." Derek glanced at Drew. Good, he's out cold. Derek turned back to Jake. "Just in case, you wanna talk about this outside?" Derek motioned to the door and Jake followed.

"Jake, I know you like Drew, which is why you need to tell him these things. He's already got a lot on his plate, he doesn't need trust issues on top of that." Derek said and Drew frowned. "I didn't want to worry him. The tour is short so I figured it'd be okay. Then mom said something and he got upset. He doesn't normally get upset so I was surprised." Jake said and Derek smiled. This was a breakthrough. Jake seemed to be realizing his feelings. Derek felt a sense of pride. Hopefully these two idiots can realize they're in love and finally be happy.

"I've always felt something with Drew but I didn't know what it was. My heart beats so fast or skips a beat when he's around, you know?" Derek smirked again. He'd use his wife to relate, that'll get through to him. "Lydia still makes me feel that way. I get butterflies as well. I like it, and I'm sure you do too, having someone so close. That's why you need to communicate with him. Let him know about it, you worry him more by not telling him." Jake smiled. "Derek, are you hinting something, cause I think I understand." Jake said and Derek raised an eyebrow playfully. "I have no idea what you're talking about." He grinned childishly.

"If I did pursue this, would you approve?" Jake asked and Derek looked up. "Huh?" He replied. "If I told Drew I loved him later, would you support us?" Jake asked and Derek smiled. "If you treat him right then yes. Work on your flaws, Jake. Don't let them be your downfall. When you and Drew go out, we'll all be happy if you two are good to each other." Derek advised him. "Understood. I need to go home, I have to do laundry, see you later! Tell Drew I said to get well soon." Jake called. "Of course."

Drew was up when Derek walked in. His limbs were limp and he looked like he would pass out again but he was awake. "Did Jake leave?" He asked, his voice hoarse. "Yes, it's okay. He said he wants you to get well soon." Derek said, sitting on the couch and running his hand through Drew's hair. A tanned hand through magenta locks. "What were you talking about out there?" Drew asked and Derek pokes Drew's nose. "Nothing important, now you need to rest. It'll help you heal. Do you need anything?" Derek asked, in doctor mode. "Water." Drew said and snuggled under the blanket. "Okay, I'll refill your water. You've done a good job keeping hydrated." Derek praises and walked off. Lydia stares at Drew with worry as his face was buried into the pillow. "Poor thing." Derek said as he held Lydia. "I feel like it's going to get worse." She said and her husband sighed before kissing her gently. "Baby, I truly hope not." He said sadly. "But they both keep messing up."