You're Mine, and I'm Never Letting you Go

"What?" Drew murmured. He had no idea what to say or do. He was expecting a normal picnic. "Oh, Jake." He laughed, nervous and breathless. "So, will you be my boyfriend?" Jake asked, and Drew nodded. "Yes, I will!" Drew said and sat down beside Jake. "So, how's Mason?" Drew asked before pecking Jake's cheek. "Oh, he's great, Hailey's been talking with Stacy a lot, apparently." Jake said.

"You mean the other blue haired girl from high school?" Drew smirked. "Yep." Jake laughed. "I'm convinced Hailey doesn't like men anymore. Every crush she's had since you is a girl." Drew grinned. "I don't know, actually. She kinda likes Sean. I think she needs more time to figure stuff out." Drew hummed and smiled. "Enough about Hailey, tell me about you and Mason." He said, and Jake smiled. Drew wrapped an arm around Jake as he spoke. "Well, Mason isn't really upset about Hailey and I's breakup. I guess I should consider myself lucky there. He's a pretty sweet kid, and I have him half the week." Drew nodded. Jake leaned into him. "Do you wanna stay the night at mine?" Jake asked, and Drew nodded. "Pack for the night, then meet me at my apartment. You know the address, right?" Jake asked, and Drew nodded. He'd been there a lot recently. "Okay, we'll finish eating so I can pack." Drew said cheerfully.

Drew chewed happily, Jake watching him. He was adorable with all those little breadcrumbs from the sandwich on his face. Drew raised an eyebrow and tilted his head. He was just like a cat in every way! He was rude to everyone he disliked, but especially clingy to everyone he did. He was always sweet to Jake. He'd gotten better a while ago, but he still didn't like the music freaks as a group. Jake wanted to work on that but didn't know how to.

Jake brushed away the crumbs from Drew's face, and he blushed. "Hmm?" Drew asked, and he smiled. "You had crumbs all over." Jake smiled calmly, and Drew's eyes glimmered brightly. "Oh." Drew murmured, his voice trailing off as he spoke softly. He finished his last bite, and Jake helped him up. "Let's get you home so you can pack." Jake said, and Drew leaned up and kissed him.

Jake cupped Drew's face and hummed into the kiss sweetly. These romantic moments were Jake's favorite. Just peaceful, haply bliss. Calmness surrounded them as if there was not a care in the world. Drew's arms were slung around Jake's stomach, and Jake pulled away for some air. "That was nice." He murmured, blushing. "Y-yeah." Drew stuttered, all boldness gone, and now, he was embarrassed and shy. He looked down at his hand, and Jake pulled him towards the street.

Derek and Lydia sat on Drew's bed as he explained that he was staying at Jake's overnight and the day he'd had. "So, you two are a thing, huh?" Drew grinned and nodded. "Yeah, we are." Lydia walked over to hug him. "We're so happy for you. Right, Derek?" She asked, and he nodded. "Jake got my blessing when you were sick. He showed how much he cared and really won me over. I'm so happy for you. I trust you two will take care of each other." Derek said. "I definitely will." Drew said and zipped his bag. "I have to go, see you soon." Drew said, and Lydia smiled. She touched her husband's shoulder, and he kissed her hand. "I love you." He murmured. "And I love you." Lydia replied, her voice ringing softly in his ears.

Drew hugged his father goodbye, smiling into the embrace. "Have a wonderful night, my son. Call if you need anything." Drew nodded. "I should be off. See you tomorrow, Dad." He called and hopped into the passenger seat of Jake's blue car. Jake and him exchange a quick kiss before they take off. Drew's smiling in a mushy way, staring at Jake lovingly as he puts on his seat belt.

Why was Drew so afraid of this? He was so afraid of love. Was it because of Zoey? He had no idea. Drew had been terrified when he'd realized his feelings. It took some time to process his own heart's desires. Seeing Jake stirred up his heart and his stomach did little flips in excitement and panic. These feelings were hard to process for so long.

Now, Drew was gazing at Jake, adoration in his eyes. He was in a trance, watching Jake's every move. The way he stared at the road in concentration. The way his smile got wider the closer he got to his apartment. And the way he turned the wheel. With his palm. Drew loved it. It was fairly obvious that Drew just loved him.