Cookout and Cuddles

Drew smiles, wiping the sweat off his brow. He'd been cleaning all day, Jake, Mason, and Roby were coming over. He was so excited but also extremely nervous. He'd never actually met Mason. Fiona was running around the house with Lilac. Both his sister and daughter were giggling as Aaron read on the couch. 

Hope was smiling, staring at Aaron with her wide, baby eyes from the other side of the couch. "Come here, Hope." Drew said, picking his baby niece up. He knew it was around the time Derek lays her down for a nap, so Drew walked over to her room and laid her in her crib. He hands Hope her stuffed animal, and she cuddles it. Drew knew the light from the window was enough and left the room. Lilac and Fiona both laughed, and Drew picked up his three year old daughter. "Fiona, I think you'll need a nap as well. We've got a busy evening. Come on, I'll tuck you in." Drew said, kissing his daughter's hair, which was a slightly lighter variation of his magenta hair.

He accompanies his daughter to his room, smiling as he tucked her in. She wasn't a big fan of naptime, But she definitely needed to have one today, Jake and Msson would be staying overnight, they'd be energetic all evening, so it was better Fiona got some rest beforehand. He leaves with a small smile, his daughter pouting but not complaining.

He tidied up a bit more, and by the time Mason, Roby, and Jake arrive, the kids are well rested, and the house is extremely tidy. Fiona was giggling while Lydia and Derek doted on Hope. Drew kisses Jake when he walks in the door. Jake smiles, running a hand through his hair, and Derek smirked, watching the two split apart, their eyes both filled with happiness.

Roby gave a thumbs up, and David chuckled, hitting his best friend's shoulder softly. "Stop teasing them." He grinned. Roby just smiled back sheepishly. Mason looked shyly at Drew, and Jake pats his back. "It's okay, baby. This is the boy I was talking about." Mason waves to Drew and then hides behind Jake. "He's just bashful. He'll be talking to you nonstop once he warms up to you." Jake grins, and Drew smiles back, staring at the brown eyes, teal haired kid. "He definitely looks like you and Hailey." He observed. Mason had his father's nose and eyes, but his mother's thin lips. And the hair, it was naturally teal, just like his mother's. "Yeah, he really is." David walked to the backdoor with burgers. "Ooh, it looks like your dad is starting the cookout." Jake grinned, hands wrapped tightly around Drew. " I'm so excited!" Drew said. "I'm kinda hungry." Mason said, and Drew smiled. He was a huge sucker for kids.

"Soon, we'll get you all taken care of, okay?" Drew said, crouching down to be at Mason's level. Drew loved kids so much! He adored them with all his heart. Jake always melted away at that. When he'd found out about Drew's hidden soft spot, he just loved Drew even more. They both made each other's hearts melt.

Lydia kisses her brother in law's hair, smiling. "David says he and Roby are going outside. Perhaps you should join us." She offered, and Hope waved, clinging to her mother as Derek opened the door for his wife and daughter. "Derek's been a great help to everyone." Jake smiled, and Drew nodded. "It's what he does best." Jake kissed Drew sweetly before scooping Mason up and waving at Fiona. "Let's go outside!" Jake grinned.

Drew was watching everyone eat, taking slow, small bites. Eating quickly made him feel nauseous, so snarfing down food was not a good idea. Jake rubbed Drew's back, the other hand with the remainder of his burger. "This is good, David." Jake said.  David smiles at the compliment. "He's the best chef in town, I'd bet." Roby said, making David's blush deepen. "Thank you guys, but that's not true." He said softly. Drew leans his head on Jake, and the corners of his lips turn up. He tossed a fry into his mouth, and Jake wiped a bit of salt off Drew's face. "Hmm?" Drew murmured, and Jake showed the seasoning to him. "Got it." He sang. "Oh." Drew said. Mason was looking at Drew with big brown eyes. 

"You two are so cute together." Derek said, causing both boys to blush. Jake was smiling, and Drew's eyes showed his happiness. "Thanks." Jake said, slinging his arm around Drew's shoulder. "Oh, I love you." Jake murmured, his lips inching towards Drew's. "I love you too." Drew said, feeling completely content.

Drew smiled fondly as he watched Mason running around with Fiona. "They're getting along swimmingly." Jake said, placing a warm hand in Drew's back. "That wine is making me feel a little fuzzy." Drew murmured, and Jake stared at him. "You do look a little out of it." Jake said. "Drew, you okay?" Roby asked and nodded. "You might wanna get him to bed soon. He's looking kinda woozy." He said. Fiona and Mason were worn out, too. Jake was surprised the kids weren't already in bed. It was nearly midnight. "Let's get them to bed. I wanna lie down." Drew said, hus limbs moving sluggishly.

He picked up Fiona, Jake following nefuind him with Mason. Roby was staying in David's room.

Jake was staying in Drew's room as the kids slept in the guest room. They laid the two kids down, Jake tucking Mason in as Drew whispered to his daughter. Jake closes the door on them and followed Drew back to his room.

Drew laid down, and Jake smiled. He took the opportunity to lay on Drew's chest. As always, Drew was warm. "This is nice." Jake murmured. "It really is." Drew replied. "Drew, I really want to marry you." Jake said, and he heard Drew chuckle.

"I want to marry you, but not right now. Let's just enjoy dating for a while. One day, when the time is right, we will get married." He said and shut his eyes. "That alcohol is doing a number on you." Jake teased. "It is on you too so shut up." Drew said.

"Seriously, Drew. I'm glad we came over tonight. I had a lot of fun." Jake mumbled and then fell asleep. "I had a lot of fun too. Thank you so much for making that possible." Drew said with a grin. He then passed out happily beside Jake, dreaming of his precious lover.