Chapter 42

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals

I engage in the sublime art of breastfeeding my beautiful baby girl. I watch her intently as she drinks from the river that my being developed in preparation for her birth. I watch as she suck with all her little might claiming what is rightfully hers and fall even deeper in love with my baby.
She honestly hasn't given me any hassles, she's quite a calm little munchkin in contradiction to her earlier escapades making me genuinely think that she was a boy but no, mommy was wrong.

Lufuno: Mulalo...

I watch his every move as he makes his way into the room looking freshly cleaned and handsome but that thing giving his arm support is hard to miss and tells a lot of stories.

Yammy: Pardon?

Lufuno: Her name well Venda name...Mulalo...if you dont mind.

Yammy: Its beautiful. What does it mean?

Lufuno: Peace.

Yammy: I couldn't have said it better myself.

He comes closer and it seems as though she's already fallen asleep.

Lufuno: O naka nga manda. (Shes truly beautiful)

Thabo Sithole

Thabo: Rato laka. ( My love)

Nono: Sho dintshang meiskat? ( Whats up darling?)

I pull my lips together and attempt not to laugh at her funny accent. Seems like I've really rubbed off on her ever since she's moved back home.

Nono: Don't laugh at me.

I notice her glassy eyes and attack her with a hug from the back.

Thabo: I'm not laughing at you bathong Nono waka. Thabo loves you and your cry baby self okay? Dont ever forget that.

She tries to hide her smile but i already caught her and give her neck small kisses making her giggle. Sweet music to my ears.

Nono: Okay okay let me down now.

We make our way to the couches and cuddle.

Thabo: So how are you feeling about starting work in a few days?

Nono: What can i say? Im just grateful for the job at hand. The rest will follow i guess.

Thabo: You're scared aren't you?

She bites her bottom lip and shakes her head.

I chuckle.

Thabo: Well your heart rate tells a different story.

She looks at me and squints her eyes.

Nono: Eish nawe (even you), you've always been so attentive maarn. I cant get away with anything when it comes to you. But i mean its normal to be scared right? Its all part and parcel of the whole experience.

I give her soft cheek a peck. God knows how much i love this woman.

Thabo: Yeah well i just hope that those doctor colleague's of yours play far away from my territory, nna(me) i dont play those games.