Chapter 23

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals 

I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that I'm having a baby with my brother. However, the craziest thing happened, well a couple of things, for starters, i don't know how this came about but I already love my baby, and I just know that I'd do anything and everything in my power for him or her.

I'm even prepared to lay my life on the line. I fall deeper and deeper in love with my baby even though it isn't fully developed yet but I don't know, I had a conversation with God and maybe, just maybe the baby is what I need to heal my heart like I asked God to help me do. I might seem okay but deep down, my heart needs some soft, kind and gentle healing and my baby has already started playing that role ,effortlessly so.

That's all I'm focusing on and that's all that's keeping me going at this point.
The other weird thing that happened was when I was breaking down on the floor. I know I was a mess but I clearly remember my aunt placing her hand over my eyes and whispering something, knocking me straight out into a deep sleep. Ever since than I've been feeling weird, I don't know how to explain it but there's a change within me that's occurring, shit maybe it's the baby growing inside me.

Anyways, I'm still yet to ask her about it, now that I'm in a better state of mind, I'm going to make sure once she visits me again that I'd ask her, as soon as possible cause I feel uneasy, not necessarily unsafe but as if there's so much more to what happened.

~~~~~~~~~~

UCT has been good actually. Shockingly enough I met some really amazing people that I'm getting to know.

They invited me out to some soul jazzy restaurant/bar that's hosting an event tonight.
They aren't exactly aware about my situation but they'll catch on soon enough. For now I'll leave things as they are as we still getting to know each other but so far so good.

Since my stomach is still flat, I still wear my normal clothes though I'm starting to gain a bit of weight.
I wear a dark green silk long dress with an open back. I decide to apply some make up then wear my jewellery, heels and bag. I curled my long hair earlier today, so I style it to my desired style. Lastly I grab my white fur coat and walk towards my car.

~~~~~~~~~~

I enter the place and I must say, it looks absolutely breath-taking in here. The people look equally as beautiful.
I'm led to our designated table with people staring at me.

People are already dancing with their partners on the dance floor.
Once I reach the table I greet everyone.

Lyden: Meisie! Not you looking drop dead gorgeous! You're literally turning heads. And this coat? Jirre! You look like a billion dollars babe and I'm here for it. ( Girl!)

I go and sit next to him.

Yammy: Thank you so much love, you're looking so sexy tonight! And your make up is on point as always, I took your advice and did mine the way you taught me and I'm actually happy with how it looks.

Lyden: Moenie worry nie, I'll teach you everything I know. ( Don't worry.)

Gugu walks in.

Gugu squeals and runs towards me and engulfs me in a hug.

Gugu: Babe look arts you! Norh, like for real na, look arts you! Akhant believe it ooo!

We all laugh.